Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cedar Falls Raceway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Falls Raceway

They have announced a mangement deal with ownership option to Scott Gardner, owner of Cordova Dragway and Eddyville raceway park.

Since both these tracks just signed with NHRA, can Cedar Falls be far behind?

Maybe this has something to do with IHRA having not posted a schedule for Div. 5 Pro-Am races for 07??

There aren't many IHRA tracks left in Div. 5.
    Testing the limits of acceptable behavior

For exercise I stumble and fall into a coma - Oscar Levant

Originally posted by Dad Vishus View Post
    They have announced a mangement deal with ownership option to Scott Gardner, owner of Cordova Dragway and Eddyville raceway park.

Since both these tracks just signed with NHRA, can Cedar Falls be far behind?

Maybe this has something to do with IHRA having not posted a schedule for Div. 5 Pro-Am races for 07??

There aren't many IHRA tracks left in Div. 5.
    Well DV, who was right at the end of '04 now?
    You, me, Beth, RobKV, and the others who were banned by IHRA or Skooter?
    Did we not predict the end of IHRA in the Midwest with the bonehead move to remove division 5?
    So how many IHRA tracks are left in IOWA? IL? IN? WI? MN? ND? SD?
    How many of them have Pro Am events?
    How many have national events?
    In the imortal words of SP, "I'm not going to support a entire division on behalf of the same 100 racers!"
    I guess those "same 100 racers" decided to no longer support the IHRA either.
    Rumor has it that Byron and Martin will be division 5 with two double and one split event.
    Like I said at the beginning of last year, too little too late.
    All the work we did to help IHRA get a strong hold in the midwest from 2000 through 2004 was for nothing.
    sigpic

Alex Denysenko
    Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
    NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
    First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
    First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
    5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
    Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
    Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
    Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
    Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
    Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
    www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

In spite of the stupidity of IHRA, I'd rather not have to run NHRA.

Thier rules are ridiculous. The latest addition of the diaper rule for 9.99 and quicker bracket cars just proves they are NOT sportsman friendly, no matter what spin is put on it. That goes along with the already in place rule for chassis tags at 9.99 plus a license requirement with a full FAA physical. Preposterous!

If Humboldt was closer, I'd consider going there. No sanction at all to deal with. I'm not going to add weight to my car to slow it down for these stupid rules.

As it stands, maybe I better sell my car while there are bracket racers left to sell it to.
      Testing the limits of acceptable behavior

For exercise I stumble and fall into a coma - Oscar Levant

Comment

Working...
      X