Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Made aftermarket Crank and rods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Made aftermarket Crank and rods?

I'm starting to put some consideration in pulling my motor this winter and redoing the bottom end. I am wondering if there are any options out there for American made cranks and more importantly American made connectiong rods (I may use the stock crank). I am aware of course of the import stuff and I know it is pretty good stuff but if possible I would rather do stuff made here. There seems to be plenty of places doing USA stuff for Chevy like Callies, Oliver, Howards, etc, but I couldn't find anything from these places for Ford. I need 5.155 rods for my 289 so that even adds to the challenge.

Anyone know of anything?

B-loose

Crower makes a 5.155 billet rod.

I'll bet those are in your budget.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

you know...i have some 5.155 crower sportsman rods i might be willing to give you...found an old set of pistons in my attic i had forgotten about, that use the 5.315 rod, and am considering a change. the crowers would likely need to be re-bushed before use... theyve been in my car for a few years giving faithful service. all i would ask is to split the cost of my new rods, and they're yours. let me know what you think, as i'm still undecided as to whether or not to go that route.
      Duke
      Last edited by fasteach; 12-10-2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
        Crower makes a 5.155 billet rod.

I'll bet those are in your budget.
        Ya, billet rods and a stock crank. That wouldn't make too much sense would it.

My biggest dilema right now is if I decide to redo the bottom end (with much better parts) should I stay with the 289 or stroke it to 331 or 347. The 289 has been fun and I like it very much which is a big reason I'm considering staying with it. But if I have the motor out and I'm spending the money any way... The problem I have now is I really think that reving it to 7K I should have a good damper, a good flex plate, and good rods. Right now that is all stock. I really think it would be a good idea to upgrade all that stuff. While I'm in there I'd do bearings and rings too.

B

Comment

Working...
        X