Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It never ends.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mph picked up a touch, as did the sixty foot. It's hard to tell how much though as the track I was at is known to have their sixty foot clocks set about 58.5 feet out. LOL They claim they fixed it when they installed the new timing system, but I am skeptical.
    It had been going 1.37-1.38 at the other track while running 6.36, and this past weekend went 1.33 every pass. It was definitely leaving a lot harder according to the butt meter.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

• Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
      I dont know. I'm having a tuff time convincing myself to spend 10 bucks shipping for $7.50 worth of parts.
      REALLY?!
      You're holding out to ponder over spending $17.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

There's GOT to be more to it than just spending the $17.50.......

Ryan
      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• You underestimate how cheap I am! LOL
        I absolutely hate paying more for shipping than for whatever is being shipped.
        Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

• KV,
          Maybe what you should do is order a spare set of sparkplugs to drive the cost of goods over the cost of shipping..... or even order some other spare / extra stuff that you get your shipping FREE! LOL

Ryan
          Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• The "pills" are really only available thru Ron's or one of his distributors. I didnt even look on Jegs to see if they offer them.
            At this point, I'm rather discouraged with the entire "cleveland" thing anyways. Obviously you can only go so fast with iron heads unless you want to spend a truckload of cash on them, which I refuse to do. I found a set of early style Yates heads I was thinking about buying, but no one wants to mess with making my headers work on them (different bolt spacing requiring a different flange plus they have raised ports), plus my pistons would need changed and I would probably need a different camshaft I could take the car someplace and have custom headers built for it, but I refuse to spend more on headers than the heads cost.
            If I could find someone to buy all this cleveland junk, I would sell every stick of it and build a big inch windsor with AFR heads and be done with it.
            Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

• If the front part of your car is tube chassis type you can get used nascar headers for cheap also there are pistons available for 300.00,and I saw a couple of roller cams that were new for 200.00 with duration in the 272 to 277@.050,some with 264-272 at .050 some of the older stuff you can get on the cheap.There are tons of used Carrillo rods for under 250.00 but you would need to set up the crank for Honda journal size.
              1984 Thunderbird svo v-6 10.088 131.67 mph
              1972 mustang coupe nhra stock eliminator 351c ho
              NEVER HAVE SO FEW OWED SO MUCH TOO SO MANY

Comment

• The problem is my car is stock from the firewall forward. That's why no one wants to piss with it. There's just no room up there, and add in to the equation 2 1/8" primary tubes, and it's impossibly tight to work on. I could get custom headers made, but it looks like that would be any where between $3500 to $5000 for a set of headers. Yes, that is the correct number of zeroes. And no, I will not pay that much for freakin headers.
                I know my pistons wont work, but my cam might be ok with the different heads. I already have good rods (Oliver billet) and a good crank (Crower steel) , so I wouldnt need to mess with them.
                Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

• This is a set of nascar headers for under 500.00
                  1984 Thunderbird svo v-6 10.088 131.67 mph
                  1972 mustang coupe nhra stock eliminator 351c ho
                  NEVER HAVE SO FEW OWED SO MUCH TOO SO MANY

Comment

Working...
                  X