Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-6 on 660 methanol mod's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-6 on 660 methanol mod's

http://youtu.be/NdwEujZCYnk. This is the sound of the V-6 idling on a 660 center squirter on methanol I did all the mods myself I have tested it on the Trans brake to 6600 work good just have not been able to put some 1/4 mile runs on it.I am planning on going to the Fun Ford weekend at Bakersfield next month.By the way anyone else going to it maybe we can caravan up.
    1984 Thunderbird svo v-6 10.088 131.67 mph
    1972 mustang coupe nhra stock eliminator 351c ho
    NEVER HAVE SO FEW OWED SO MUCH TOO SO MANY

sounds wicked !
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Dayam..........
      1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
      347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
      363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
      244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Gotta love that deep tone methanol adds to the exhaust note.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

I still need to get this thing to race track again to see if it is going to run right,I ran it once with the methanol carb. last year and but the run was kind of bogus it had my sixty foot at 1.09 and my .330 at 3.99 and .660 at 6.46 but the 1/4 was 10.65 @126 mph I hoping to get it run in soon.

Comment

Sounds Impressive n responsive!!! I hope to have an oddball Cleve combo next year with my combo.....along with a 2nd 660 on a Cleve but on gas.
            79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
            69 Stang Vert
            69 Stang Coupe
            92 Stang 5.0 LX
            other DD's

Comment

Sounds nice,Alvin!
              VIN 1F05M139343
              71 Mach 1 Ram-Air
              351C C4 trans
              Hans Olsson

Comment

Have you had a chance to run it yet?
                Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Vroom Vroom!!! Post some vids for us less fortunate!!!...
                  79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
                  69 Stang Vert
                  69 Stang Coupe
                  92 Stang 5.0 LX
                  other DD's

Comment

Any track updates yet?
                    Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Yep'sorry for not getting back to let you know the results but I had no results I got to the track and from the gut go had a problem with a brand new optima battery and that was just at tech the dumb battery would not start the car it was like it was completely dead so one of the guys got a set of cables and got a jump and made it back to my pit area and put it on the charger and seemed fine so I drive down to the lanes and get in line get suited up and they call me to make a run and the thing would not start again battery low again after only one start up after the charge so now I'm stuck in the lanes with a dead battery again,So I get towed to my pit area by pull truck and this guy decides to tow me at seemed like 60 mph so then try to charge the battery again but now it not taking a charge I had to give myself a jump from the RV battery I get it started and decide to just leave put the thing in reverse with the transbrake button ,now I have no reverse so now I have to drive around the pit area to get to the back of the trailer and forget that I had hood sitting on the roof.So now I'm driving around the pit and you know it blew off and guy picked it up and bought over to me.So guess you can tell it wasn't a good day and here in Southern California that was the last TNT at Fontana so it sits until next season.Blah,blah blah Thanks for listening

Comment

That is a bad day at the track. Cant see I havent been there before though.
                        I gave up on Optima batteries a few years ago when the last new one I bought lasted about 3 yrs before it started acting weird. It seems when they closed their Colorado facility and moved all production to mexico their quality went down the drain.
                        Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Well I flip the script on the V-6 now I have that engine in the 72 mustang stocker I'm now running it in super stock (ss/cx).I have some pictures on the install and the headers that I built but now sure if I can post them I've got two video of it also one at the Fontana stock super stock national open and one at the Pomona National event.I have one video of it when the converter pump broke you can tell by the way it launched off the line something is wrong.I guess all of my pictures and video are taking up to much space.

Comment

http://bobjohnson.zenfolio.com/p749583636/h82c1eb6c.thisisaphotofromthe stock super stock national open

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pMjiksLRW1s This was the first run with V-6 in super stock the scales did not work that day and found out I later at Pomona I was 200 lbs over weight.Also that day we had 20 mph head wind coming down the track so that had to go to 1/8 mile and I could only muster up 7:12 et at only 94 mph.Plus what I didn't know was the converter pump was going away.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1SquJdXb8. This was the run when the converter pump just decided it was not going do anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X