Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Track Day with Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I donít know any dirt track guys with scales to borrow. After yesterday n talking Bull n Iíve decided to blow my car apart n start from scratch n try to assume nothing is a given and check everything out. Iím pretty disappointed and Iíll leave it at that. Kinda a real love n hate thing with this car. I blew the rearend apart today and the coil over shocks seem fine testing them.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
      I donít know any dirt track guys with scales to borrow. After yesterday n talking Bull n Iíve decided to blow my car apart n start from scratch n try to assume nothing is a given and check everything out. Iím pretty disappointed and Iíll leave it at that. Kinda a real love n hate thing with this car. I blew the rearend apart today and the coil over shocks seem fine testing them.
      Curious-is the rear suspension the same stuff as before? Was the new rear housing installed using the same mounts as the 8.8?
      Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:33, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.91@135.56

Comment

IAfter yesterday n talking Bull n Iíve decided to blow my car apart n start from scratch n try to assume nothing is a given and check everything out. Iím pretty disappointed and Iíll leave it at that. Kinda a real love n hate thing with this car. I blew the rearend apart today and the coil over shocks seem fine testing them.
        I'm sure he's smarter than I am, but that seems a bit extreme to me. Especially since your trip to the track wasnt disastrous or anything. If the car didnt go straight, or didnt stop straight, or had some weird handling issue, then maybe I could see taking it all apart. But man, to me that was just a fairly typical first time out for the year, especially on a marginal track.

Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

• Found some small issues with the front n back suspension after blowing it apart. Gonna square up the rear tomorrow after centering a line up and go front there. Racecar n frustration go hand in hand I guess? Iíll report back later....
          79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis112 View Post

Curious-is the rear suspension the same stuff as before? Was the new rear housing installed using the same mounts as the 8.8?
            The only rollover parts were the upper double adjustable control arms n the Strange single adjustable Coilovers n Springs. Iím guessing we mightíve had too much preload into the pass side along with a misadjusted front Coilover spring that messed up the rear adjustments. Time will tell. Iím reaching n frustrated for sure. If all else falls I can always drive n get ice cream in the 69 Vert n be a lot cheaper......
            69 Stang Vert
            69 Stang Coupe
            92 Stang 5.0 LX
            other DD's

Comment

The only rollover parts were the upper double adjustable control arms n the Strange single adjustable Coilovers n Springs. Iím guessing we mightíve had too much preload into the pass side along with a misadjusted front Coilover spring that messed up the rear adjustments. Time will tell. Iím reaching n frustrated for sure. If all else falls I can always drive n get ice cream in the 69 Vert n be a lot cheaper......
              Don't think you're alone in that level of frustration, Tater - I get to feeling that way more often than I care to admit to..........

Ryan
              Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• Bull n I made some major adjustments after blowing the car apart n checking it all over. Made some changes with the front n a lot of changes with the rearend suspension along with the Instant Center adjustments with the lower bars. If weather permits this week Iím planing to hit SummerDuck Dragway for some TnT passes. If that doesnít work out Iím about ready to just park this thing and go a different direction. This car is eating me up lately and Iíve been under it n up again from a creeper probably 500 times this week changing n measuring stuff. My back is killing me atm!!! Sorry to beotch n complain....Iím just frustrated.
                69 Stang Vert
                69 Stang Coupe
                92 Stang 5.0 LX
                other DD's

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Don't think you're alone in that level of frustration, Tater - I get to feeling that way more often than I care to admit to..........

Ryan
                  Ryan, I know I can fall back to the ice cream car but I just need to feel that rush of banging gears n the rush. Itís a Rush for sure. Kinda like a fix I guess in regards to heavy drug users. It works for me.
                  69 Stang Vert
                  69 Stang Coupe
                  92 Stang 5.0 LX
                  other DD's

Comment

• I hear ya on the pushing and getting burnt out with the car. Had it happen to me a couple years ago running a hydraulic clutch. Just walked away for a bit to clear the head.
                    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                    363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

• We made it to Mason-Dixon Saturday. Car seemed to like the suspension changes. It was real hot 90 degrees n with that said I didnít have too high expectations. But I did run a 10.32 just over 130. Made 3 similar passes with no issues. Life is good no issues. Gonna be probably 3-4 weeks until my next track visit due to other commitments. Evertime I look at this car it seems to cost me $. And itís gettin old. But I couldnít be happier with it atm.
                      69 Stang Vert
                      69 Stang Coupe
                      92 Stang 5.0 LX
                      other DD's

Comment

Evertime I look at this....it seems to cost me $...... But I couldnít be happier with it atm.
                        Tater,
                        That reminds me of a gal I once knew............... Ahhh,,, those memories cost me plenty, but I don't recall the amount. However, the MEMORIES - I haven't forgotten.... <wink, wink >

Ryan
                        Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• https://youtu.be/UE78i7GNO3g
                          69 Stang Vert
                          69 Stang Coupe
                          92 Stang 5.0 LX
                          other DD's

Comment

• Very cool vid Tater! Are those Billet Specialties Street Lites?
                            1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                            347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                            363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                            244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

way cool !
                              34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

• Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
                                Very cool vid Tater! Are those Billet Specialties Street Lites?
                                Yes they are the BS Street Lites. I put them on awhile back when they came out. Seems like quite a lot of people run them nowadays. Nice rims for the $ though.
                                69 Stang Vert
                                69 Stang Coupe
                                92 Stang 5.0 LX
                                other DD's

Comment

Working...
                                X