Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street Strip Rear Brakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Strip Rear Brakes

Well believe it or not I'm back on the 69 Fairlane and I have to do some work to the rear end so I'm thinking about rear brake setup I could go the simple route and just go to a high-end break and be done with it but I'm curious about what you guys are using for let's say a mid-to-low 10 second car with a 9 inch big bearing setup. I have granada disc conversion on the front.
    Thanks Dennis
    69 Fairlane 427W
    Waiting for 2015 to see how this combo runs
    http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/fstln69.html

I run the Wilwood DynaLite 4 piston brakes front and back. Manual brakes and stops on a dime. 35 - 40 lbs lighter than stock type disc set-up per axle as well.
    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.49 @ 125.35

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Picked up a tenth and a half switching out the heavy four piston front and single piston factory style brakes. Only swapping out brake kits and switching to a Strange plastic/aluminum master cylinder.
      1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
      347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.49 @ 125.35

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
      244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
        I run the Wilwood DynaLite 4 piston brakes front and back. Manual brakes and stops on a dime.
        Same here.

Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Cannot remember where I bought them but we put bigger brake cylinders and bigger shoes on the Cougar. Works great! ( its 4 wheel drum)
          Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
          1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
          2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

Dennis,

Maybe others know, but I don't know - so I have to ask - what is your desired application for the car?

Is it strip only, some street, mostly street, daily driver, or what?????

Are you worried about every ounce of weight or not?

Ryan
            Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
            X