Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
    ...... so far, once again, it doesnt appear to be leaking. I'll know for sure tomorrow.
    Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
    I havent even taken the car off the jack stands.
    KV,
    Have you been able to get it down off of the jackstands yet?
    Have you been made confident that the dipstick repair is adequate?

Ryan
    Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• It's still on jack stands, but the leak has stopped.
      If it would ever quit raining for more than 4 or 5 hours at a pop, I might get motivated to take it off the jack stands.
      As of right now they are calling for 100% chance of rain for this saturday.
      Rob Hetzler
      M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
      Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

• I hear ya, KV...... 'round here, we're getting the last of the thunderstorms of what's left of ALBERTO..... 83% humidity and 85*F....Uggh.....

- Ryan

Comment

• We've been dealing with the side effects of Alberto for a week now. At first it pushed a bunch of moisture from the Atlantic inland where the heat and humidity caused it to flare in to t-storms, then once it made land fall it pulled moisture with it. Prior to that we were getting rain every other day for over a week.
          My yard is like a swamp.
          Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

• Time to take off the slicks and install Aquatreads!
            1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
            347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
            363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
            244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

• They claim they are running today, but man, I just cant bring myself to go. Looking at the hourly forecast, from the time we are supposed to start time runs, there is a 60% chance of t-storms, and it just gets worse the next few hours, and they are saying 80% chance over all for the day. Yesterday there was only a 50% chance and it stormed like hell for awhile.
              I really want to go to the track, but I know if I do rush around to get loaded up and head that way, it will rain out. But if I dont go, they probably wont see a drop of rain.
              Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

• In the amount of time it took me to hook up the trailer and get the car off jack stands, the chance of rain went up another 10%.
                I'm not gonna risk wasting my money by driving up there today. Hopefully next weekend we will be out of monsoon season.
                Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

• They got the race in after a couple of rain delays. From my best educated guess, it looks like they got done around midnight. I'm glad I didnt go, twelve hours at the track to get in 7-8 hours worth of racing is a horrible way to spend a saturday.
                  Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

They got the race in after a couple of rain delays. From my best educated guess, it looks like they got done around midnight. I'm glad I didnt go, twelve hours at the track to get in 7-8 hours worth of racing is a horrible way to spend a saturday.
                    Yeah, if the weather is simply too hot that the asphalt is greasy,,,,or the rain makes for mud being tracked out onto the staging lanes,,,,, it's best to simply stay home.

Sounds like you made the correct call, KV.....

- Ryan

Comment

• I didn't go to our monthly cruise in yesterday, either. Too damn hot and the humidity was too high to be sitting around on a asphalt parking lot at 5 PM.
                      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

Yeah, if the weather is simply too hot that the asphalt is greasy,,,

Around here that's called "summer." LOL
                        It's gonna get greasy, it's just a matter of who can predict best when the track is gonna cool off and your 60' times are gonna suddenly come back.
                        Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

• Weather permitting Iíll be at Farmington with Bull on the 16th. Kinda thinking why not drag my junk down there too. Throw my hand of dice into the ring. Lol
                          79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
                          69 Stang Vert
                          69 Stang Coupe
                          92 Stang 5.0 LX
                          other DD's

Comment

• All loaded up and ready to go tomorrow. It is a saturday/sunday race, but I'm leaning towards just running saturday.
                            It's $5k to win both days, with either a $100 entry per day, or $150 for the weekend up front. NO time runs on sunday if you race saturday.
                            After the test n tune debacle wednesday night with KK's car, coupled with how busy we have been all week at work, I need a day off where I can sit around and do nothing.
                            Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

All loaded up and ready to go tomorrow. It is a saturday/sunday race, but I'm leaning towards just running saturday.
                              It's $5k to win both days, with either a $100 entry per day, or $150 for the weekend up front. NO time runs on sunday if you race saturday.
                              After the test n tune debacle wednesday night with KK's car, coupled with how busy we have been all week at work, I need a day off where I can sit around and do nothing.
                              5K$ to win...WOW! I have got to believe that will draw in some runners!

KV - I hope you can give some leasons on how well your 'Cleveland runs, how well you can cut a light and give them a run for the cash!

Ryan

Comment

• Good luck! Kick some a$$ and take names!
                                1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                                347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                                363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                                244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Working...
                                X