Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
    Where's it leaking from, the pan or a main seal?
    I really thought it was the rubber seal in the back of the pan, but at this point I'm not sure. The new MSD box showed up today, I got it wired up and fired the car up. It's still leaking. I honestly cant tell if it's the same, or just a touch better. It's definitely not worse, but it sure isnt much, if any, better.
    The next thing that happens to this motor is I'm going to unbolt it, and yank it from the car.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

• Went to the track last night. Would have gone all weekend, but there's still something wrong. The leak is better, but not much. That's not the problem though.
      First pass, the car left, pulled clean thru low, shifted, pulled clean thru high. 6.407@107.4 mph. Cool! Almost a tenth quicker, 3 mph faster, and no miss. The box fixed it.
      Went up for our first official time run, 6.460@106.5. What the ?!?!?!?! It didnt miss, it just didnt leave and didnt go anywhere. Screw it, I've got another coil with me, I'm gonna change it too. Swap it out, go up for our last official time run, 6.436@106.something (cant remember right now.) It's not missing, so it is what it is.
      Go up for first round, dialed it 6.43. It left fine, but when the guy chasing me had caught me before the first mph cone, I knew I was screwed. 6.462@106.1 mph.
      It's like playing darts blindfolded. I honestly dont know what's wrong with it, but it's not race-able like this. Especially this weekend when the entry fee for the whole weekend is just shy of 500 bucks, so I loaded it up and came home. It's not missing, so that's good. The mph came back to where I thought it should be, that's good. But it wont run the same number two times in a row, that's bad. I dont know what to do at this point other than pull it out, replace it with the new motor and hope that cures it. But I'm so discouraged at this point I dont even feel like working on it right now.
      Rob Hetzler
      M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
      Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
      X