Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'll have to measure tomorrow and see if I might be able to make that work.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Kid, I ran a set of those on my Maverick 302. You could cut the rubber back some if you needed to with the possibility of it jumping off, maybe 1". On mine, I still don't know for sure if it came off the pump on it's own or if somebody was trying to steal my radiator, but I had my car parked over at my Paw inlaws house, facing a shed. I could see it from my house, but not from his as the shed/shelter was in front of his house to the side. I got in the car one day, cranked it up to clank clank clank, thought , WTF? Found the fan hitting the stainless hose that was off the wp. Put it back on, and it never came off again, so I think it might have had some help.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I'm gonna brave the cold later and go outside and take a look at it. Hopefully the steel hose will work. The current hose is against the first mounting bolt, and I could probably live with that, but it puts the hose directly behind the fuel pump and wont allow it to sit where it needs to. I need to run the hose back towards the motor to clear the fuel pump almost as soon as it comes out of the water pump.
        Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

After I got up this morning, I remembered it was my top hose that came off, not the one on the wp. So what I said above might be incorrect.
          ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
          -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
          -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
          " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by astikhossw View Post
            This is what I had to do get the hose through my alternator belt.
            Hope you never pitch a belt with it ran like that
            1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
            347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
            363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
            244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post

Hope you never pitch a belt with it ran like that
              My '93 SuperCoupe came from the factory with the lower radiator hose ran that way.
              Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Ya, probably overthinking it after an incident last spring. I pitched a belt when the engine hit the limited after I late shifted from 4th - 5th. It grabbed something on my dampner and slapped the hose hard enough to put a cut in it. Thankfully it wasn't bad enough to get water on the track but I did need a pull back to the pits. Couldn't imagine if that happened and ripped right thru a hose in the center of the belt.

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Hey Rob, I can relate to your situation. I'm going thru the typical car stuff in relation to changing one thing and having to change three other things for everything to work.
                  79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
                  69 Stang Vert
                  69 Stang Coupe
                  92 Stang 5.0 LX
                  other DD's

Comment

I've decided I'm just gonna order a cheap Chinese electric water pump for it. It should be able to get me thru the year, and who knows, it may last longer than I am expecting. I just cant justify spending $340 or more for one that is made in the USA, when all of their parts are probably chinese in the first place, especially when a chinese pump is going to cost me around $170.
                    I figure the chinese pump will bolt right up where the old CSI pump was and my hose will work, and I wont have to reconfigure anything. It's the easiest solution.
                    Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

I bought a Mr Gasket pump. I figured it was a couple dollars more than a chinese model from someplace I had never heard of, and I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, since it is owned by Holley, their quality control may be a touch better. It "looks" like a nice piece, but I wont know until I see how long it lasts, and how well it actually works.
                      I got it installed yesterday, wired up, but I need to run to the parts store and get a couple of new hose clamps for the lower radiator hose. Then the motor should be ready to fire up, set the timing, check all the valve lash, and that part will then be ready to hit the track.
                      I want to slightly alter where I have my transbrake switch mounted plus change the switch, and I also want to add a bump down switch for this year.
                      At some point this year I want to put some roller spring perches on the front of the car as well as some double adjustable shocks, but those arent a necessity for me to go racing, so they can wait.
                      Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

I fired it up today. Set the timing and checked for leaks. I still need to check lash again and put some new valve cover gaskets on it, but it sounds pretty danged good, even on the primer system. I bet it's gonna sound killer when I get some alchy in it.
                        Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

old cam;
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnyMHgKQ7PM

new cam;
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vZdyo3 ... e=youtu.be
                          Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Sounds badass!
                            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                            My Sprint's restoration progress
                            ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post

NICE!!!

Ryan
                              Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Sounds good Rob

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Working...
                                X