No announcement yet.

Racing updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and the windshield being water tight is a good thing and different from when I first got done with it. I got it installed, it looked good, but day two it rained. Not super hard or long, but we got a tenth out of it. When I checked inside the car afterwords, it was obvious the new windshield install was about as water tight as a pasta strainer. Man everything was soaked. It took some more work, but it seems pretty good now.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

• Good deal on the windshield. Maybe it will help you see better to cut some better lights! Pulling for ya from here!
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• It was hot and humid yesterday, but the rain avoided us. We had a storm pop up north of us and stayed there, and one popped up south, and stayed south.
        Me, well, my lights were pretty good, but for some reason it seems I forgot how to drive the finish line.
        We dont start until noon today, we might get one time run. The original plan was to dial it and go, but yesterday they were saying we might get one. I think I'm gonna lean mine out a touch regardless. It seems to slow down more than I think it should when the air gets worse.
        As for seeing the tree better with the new windscreen; first pass I was .012 red. Stuck .010 in the box and was .004 red. Stuck another ten in and was .013 first round. Second round I was .018. I had room first round. He was .019 to my .013, I took .025 finish line, but broke out by .007. It was a car dialed 5.25, and that 131 mph finish line speed is a beeotch to judge. I kept thinking I had some room, but at the last second decided to trust my dial. It was the wrong decision. Second round I ran a guy dialed 6.71 to my 6.42. I caught him, really thought I was driving around so I scrubbed the brakes. Just as I got to the finish line it went thru my head "I might not have gotten around him". Looked at the scoreboard, nope, sure didnt. I knocked over 3 mph off and let him take the stripe. He was .007 to my .018, so it would have been tight, but I didnt even give the car a chance.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
        X