No announcement yet.

Racing updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'll be interesting what your 'new to you' machine shop thinks / determines to be the cause of all the head gasket failures........

- Ryan
    Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

• Yeah, it will be interesting for sure.
      Ole Murphy aint done with me yet. I decided since our tyrant frauded his way to getting re-elected, and since he has already said he's going to lock the state down again, if I wanted to do any more racing this year, I probably needed to go this weekend. So I have pulled the broke 377 out, and yesterday took half a day of vacation to get the parts off it that I need to re-use on the 393, and finish getting it together. That's when Murphy showed up. I have one good deep sump oil pan and pick up tube. When I pulled it off the 377, the end of the pick up tube was laying in the bottom of the oil pan. It "might" be able to be welded back on, but it's in pretty bad shape. Since that pan is old, Milodon doesnt make it any longer. Which means they also done make that pick up tube. So I had to order a new pan and pick up tube and pay way too much to get it shipped next day. Now I have to wait for it to get here before I can proceed. That puts me several hours behind where I thought I was going to be. I have taken today and tomorrow off. Today is probably gonna involve a lot of sitting around waiting for Fedex to show up. If I can get the 393 together and in the car today, I will have all day tomorrow to finish hooking everything up. Then saturday we have 3 hours of open time runs before our official time run.
      Rob Hetzler
      M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
      Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

• So I got it all together and got to the track after only a couple of small hiccups. Made the first pass and really expected it to go around 6.19. It went 6.22. It felt pretty good and like it had shifted too early, so I turned it up. Oops, didnt like that. Slowed to a 6.25 and buzzed the valves pretty good right before the shift. Turned it down and it picked up but still kind of laid down a little. To keep from making this too long, the springs are shot. I lost third round when my man was .005 and dead on with a 2. Nothing I could do with that.
        I swapped springs out this week and am hoping for the best for this weekend. I still think it's going to go 6 teens, especially now with some good springs on it.
        The springs that were on the heads only had 170 on the seat. The ones I put on have around 270 on the seat.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
        X