Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50th Anniversary Cobra Jet Reunion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Anniversary Cobra Jet Reunion

Save the Date…50th Anniversary Cobra Jet Reunion August 23-26, 2018
    December 3, 2017 (Santa Ana, CA) - Get out your your calendar and be sure to
    schedule a very important weekend for a must attend event for all Cobra Jet
    enthusiasts and fans. ProMedia Events is pleased to announce it is working with
    several major partners to produce the exclusive 50th Anniversary Cobra Jet
    Reunion at its NMCA All-American Nationals event at Summit Motorsports Park
    in Norwalk, Ohio, August 23-26, 2018.
    Presented by TascaParts.com, this once-in-a-lifetime special event is open to all
    Ford vehicles powered by the iconic Cobra Jet engine combination. Cobra Jet
    vehicles, including Mustangs, Shelbys, Fairlanes, Cougars, Torinos,
    Cyclones/Montegos, and Rancheros (all tributes/replicas permitted), will invade
    the Buckeye State in celebration of their legacy, from 1968 to present, with
    activities that include a huge Cobra Jet car show, vintage and modern Cobra Jet
    drag racing, invited celebrities from the ‘60s to today, and a special Friday
    celebration dinner for vehicle owners, Cobra Jet royalty, sponsors, media, and
    fans.
    Stay tuned on NMCA | and RacePages Digital | RacePages for a
    major formal press release in early 2018. In the meantime…save the dates of
    August 23-26, 2018, for the exclusive 50th Anniversary Cobra Jet Reunion.
    Rusty Gillis

Gillis Performance Restorations
    727-847-7973
    www.gillisrestorations.com

Former NHRA SS/GA Record Holder 1969 Mustang
    Former NHRA SS/FA Record Holder 1968 Mustang

Thanks for the early heads up, Rusty!

I will try to make it my plan to attend this event.....even if only as a spectator and it is the only event I get to in 2018.

Especially since it is at Norwalk.....which is not that far for me. I've been to that track and it is a GREAT track - they do things right there!

Ryan
    Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks for posting. I will be there since its only 20 minutes from my house!
      Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.31.so far.
      2010 F150, 4.6L 2wd
      2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

Only 3 months away....... starting to squirrel away a few bucks towards making the trip......

Ryan

Comment

A friend of mine owns a '69 428CJ/C6, Q-code Sportroof. It is his toy; he does not campaign it, but when he gets it out, it will run 9.8x on a 10" tire. It is heavily messaged, but still a N/A, FE-based mill. A couple of months ago, I told him about the Norwalk CJ gig, and now he's planning to go -- and says I should go with him!
          I guess I will have to step up to a VIP CREW ticket now! Yeah Baby!

Ryan

Comment

I'm not so sure if the VIP CREW tickets will get us into the Cobra Jet car show as well? I'm not so sure...... I may have to call them.

http://www.nmcadigital.com/cj/

Does anyone here know? Please share your knowledge...... Thanks in Advance!

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
              I'm not so sure if the VIP CREW tickets will get us into the Cobra Jet car show as well? I'm not so sure...... I may have to call them.
              http://www.nmcadigital.com/cj/ Does anyone here know? Please share your knowledge...... Thanks in Advance! -- Ryan
              If anyone cares:::: I called and received a response...... Yep, the VIP CREW ticket will get us into the car show as well........ Cool Beans!!! - Ryan

Comment

Working...
              X