Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About new engine build time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent taken them in yet, but I dont trust the last shop I used at this point. The shop I've started using has a really good reputation, and from what I have seen, they want it to stay that way.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

I trust n respect the owner of the previous shop. With that said his son who kinda took over the place seems from the idle talk to have a pill/ drug problem. Shame. Bad thing is Iím outta cash coin n I wonder if his quick fix was worth my .700 lift solid roller springs only being 160# at 1.900 installed height? I accept partial fault. Since I didnít check this yrs ago. I guess good thing is the rest of the heads looks ok from Manley SS valves n Titanium retainers for what that stuff costs these days. Just frustrated n really disappointed. These added costs are starting to cut into my racing budget.
      79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
      69 Stang Vert
      69 Stang Coupe
      92 Stang 5.0 LX
      other DD's

Comment

I guess itís not a real big deal though....nothing a stack of $ wonít fix? Only problem is itís my $!!! Just pisses me off paying for stuff twice. Hopefully the reward will be worth it.
        79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
        69 Stang Vert
        69 Stang Coupe
        92 Stang 5.0 LX
        other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
          I trust n respect the owner of the previous shop. With that said his son who kinda took over the place seems from the idle talk to have a pill/ drug problem. Shame. Bad thing is Iím outta cash coin n I wonder if his quick fix was worth my .700 lift solid roller springs only being 160# at 1.900 installed height? I accept partial fault. Since I didnít check this yrs ago. I guess good thing is the rest of the heads looks ok from Manley SS valves n Titanium retainers for what that stuff costs these days. Just frustrated n really disappointed. These added costs are starting to cut into my racing budget.
          Yeah, the shop I was using was one of the best in the area, then he expanded, the owner's son was killed in a car accident, then 3 of his 4 helpers quit. Unfortunately the one that stayed was the worst one of the bunch. When he called and asked "how much lift is this cam?" when I had told him it was a .700 lift solid roller when I dropped the heads off and I reminded him of that, and his response was "oh, these springs bind at .680, that's not going to work", I lost what little faith I had left in them. So at this point I have to get these heads checked out before I ever use them just to be safe.

Rob Hetzler
          M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
          Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Agree Rob. Sad thing is the end result $ it costs us. Iíll survive but. Just pisses me off.
            69 Stang Vert
            69 Stang Coupe
            92 Stang 5.0 LX
            other DD's

Comment

On a positive note today my buddy Bull n I rode over the the leader of our Pro Stick groups Presidentís house to pick up my new M/T front runner tires n go for a lunch/BS session. Had a good day n havenít heard any more bad news from my engine guy. Lol
              69 Stang Vert
              69 Stang Coupe
              92 Stang 5.0 LX
              other DD's

Comment

Working...
              X