Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 428 (04-28-2018) Day - Anyone planning on attending the reunion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 428 (04-28-2018) Day - Anyone planning on attending the reunion?

Of course I'm referring to the FE Race & Reunion at: http://www.fairlanet.com/FE/
    ...looks like excellent weather there in Beaver Springs, PA.

Ryan
    Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

They always have an excellant turnout for the FE reunion. If I still had one, I'd be there as that's my home track.
    Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

The engine I always lusted for, but never owned.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent. ~ Adam Smith

Comment

When I first got my '70, my dad tried real hard to buy a 428CJ a coworker of his had that was just sitting in his shed. Sadly he wouldn't sell it. I doubt anything ever got done with it either.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Talked to one of my best buds yesterday that went to da Beaver. Sounds like it was a cluster. Where he had to be pitted the truck n trailer sank to the rims in mud. First pass car ran a 9.48 which was way off than usual for the car. Had to get a Jeep n strap to get pulled out for the truck n trailer. More rain n more mud from cars dragging it on the track. He said screw it n loaded up n came home before making another pass on subpar track in a quick car. As of yesterday he sounds like hes done with da Beaver. Same as Bull is.
          79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.18@133.2
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
            Talked to one of my best buds yesterday that went to da Beaver. Sounds like it was a cluster. Where he had to be pitted the truck n trailer sank to the rims in mud. First pass car ran a 9.48 which was way off than usual for the car. Had to get a Jeep n strap to get pulled out for the truck n trailer. More rain n more mud from cars dragging it on the track. He said screw it n loaded up n came home before making another pass on subpar track in a quick car. As of yesterday he sounds like hes done with da Beaver. Same as Bull is.
            WOW - That sounds like it was a mess alright........

I'm glad I didn't load up the wife and pull the trigger on making the 570 miles/ 10+ hour trip (one way) to get there........she would have never gone to another track outside of MI.

Ryan

Comment

With Erics current update post on the Pro Stick site in regard to members making comments on tracks Ill reframe from anymore posts here. Its unprofessional.
              79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.18@133.2
              69 Stang Vert
              69 Stang Coupe
              92 Stang 5.0 LX
              other DD's

Comment

The were cars from 20+ states plus England and a couple of other European countries attending this years FE event. Unfortunately its spring and the rains came too. Mother nature does play havoc at some events and its not uncommon to see someone get stuck in parts of the Beaver Springs top end pits when the grounds get saturated. I too have helped people like Dan the Man get his race rig out of the mud.

As a side note I had a couple of test runs at the Beaver last Friday night and the car stuck well with the old slicks. The runs appeared to be repeatable too. Unfortunately I didn't get to do any further tests/suspension tuning as my stock balancer pulley shattered so I needed to load up and headed home just before a manic wind/rain storm hit.
                Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

Well Gents,
                  It's that time of year again!! Anyone planning on going this year?

04/26-27/19. http://www.fairlanet.com/FE/

The wife & I have got the time set aside, and are planning to make the trek this year.... I sure hope the weather is straightened out by then!!

Ryan

Comment

I dont know of any locals going. My old FE buddy lost his Genesis FE block due to a rod coming apart late last season n hes currently putting together a 440 something inch C302 headed Windsor combo but hes still waiting on Diamond to send pistons. I plan on being at da Beaver for the 2nd Pro Stick race this year unless parts breakage prevents it.
                    69 Stang Vert
                    69 Stang Coupe
                    92 Stang 5.0 LX
                    other DD's

Comment

If anyone cares, you may recall I traveled with a friend of mine & his hotrod '69 428CJ Mustang to the 50th CJ reunion (at Norwalk) last August. Well, we'll be taking his '69 Mach 1 428/auto car to the FE reunion in two weeks. He went through the engine and has gotten a couple of heat cycles into it a couple of times, driven it across the way to the cemetary (no one to be disturbed there) to put it up on the brake - but not a 'full pass' yet. Here is a pic of his '69 at Norwalk last year:Tater / anyone,
                      Are there any thoughts/opinions/pointers you care to share regarding running at "Da Beava" ? Anything a newbie needs to watch out for / be aware of any local practices?

Ryan

Comment

The new owner had made tons of improvements so that there really isn't much to tell. The track has a snack bar and rest rooms. On premises over night camping is allowed and the gates are almost always open for late night arrivals. It's a good, fun track but services near it are limited. No nearby lodging, only a couple of restaurants near by and a grocery store type gas station. (The pizza joint in the nearby Beaver Springs is the racer's hangout with various types of food available, including full breakfast items.) Need to travel 15-20 miles to get other services. Very few shade trees left. The best parking areas are located on the lower end between the track and the snack bar/hangar. There are no showers and no electric or water at most pits but compressed air and water are available on the premises. 112 octane and alcohol are the only fuels that are normally in stock. The timing system is all new for this year and at night there is adequate track and pit lighting. The pits are all grass and some of them have stone next to the blacktop from the previous owners' efforts. If you are coming down from I80, best to check your route wisely as there are some serious mountains on the back roads. Might be best to go the Selingsgrove and then head south of 522 with a big hauler. The track is located 2 miles west from the town of Beaver Springs off of SR235. Its a windy back road but beware of the 1 sudden 90* turn near the track.

They are not over the top on tech inspections but they expect helmets, shirts, and full pants to make a run. The tech inspection is in front of the old hangar. The side lines of the track are grass with guardrails at the outer extremes. The shutdown area is of decent length but at the end there is a gravel pit and trees so one needs to explore the track ahead of time if at all possible. Prior to the start of the race day we drive up the return road and enter the track's shutdown area to do warm ups. One can complete a circle there as the track has 2 exits unto the return road.

What other specific things would you like to know Ryan?
                        Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

Comment

I was gonna suggest that Dennis give you the rundown on da Beaver when I read your post Ryan and hed already replied with a good rundown.
                          69 Stang Vert
                          69 Stang Coupe
                          92 Stang 5.0 LX
                          other DD's

Comment

Dennis / Tater,
                            Glad to hear about all the improvements..... all I can think of right now is that the weather cooperates and is dry enough to get around the grounds and to enjoy a GREAT FE Reunion. Some sun would be a bonus....... I'll ask my friend and if he or I think of anything else, I'll be back here asking.... Thanks for the tips, guys!

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                            X