Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 428 (04-28-2018) Day - Anyone planning on attending the reunion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 428 (04-28-2018) Day - Anyone planning on attending the reunion?

Of course I'm referring to the FE Race & Reunion at: http://www.fairlanet.com/FE/
    ...looks like excellent weather there in Beaver Springs, PA.

Ryan
    Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

They always have an excellant turnout for the FE reunion. If I still had one, I'd be there as that's my home track.
    Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:33, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.91@135.56

Comment

The engine I always lusted for, but never owned.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent. ~ Adam Smith

Comment

When I first got my '70, my dad tried real hard to buy a 428CJ a coworker of his had that was just sitting in his shed. Sadly he wouldn't sell it. I doubt anything ever got done with it either.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Talked to one of my best buds yesterday that went to da Beaver. Sounds like it was a cluster. Where he had to be pitted the truck n trailer sank to the rims in mud. First pass car ran a 9.48 which was way off than usual for the car. Had to get a Jeep n strap to get pulled out for the truck n trailer. More rain n more mud from cars dragging it on the track. He said screw it n loaded up n came home before making another pass on subpar track in a quick car. As of yesterday he sounds like hes done with da Beaver. Same as Bull is.
          79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
            Talked to one of my best buds yesterday that went to da Beaver. Sounds like it was a cluster. Where he had to be pitted the truck n trailer sank to the rims in mud. First pass car ran a 9.48 which was way off than usual for the car. Had to get a Jeep n strap to get pulled out for the truck n trailer. More rain n more mud from cars dragging it on the track. He said screw it n loaded up n came home before making another pass on subpar track in a quick car. As of yesterday he sounds like hes done with da Beaver. Same as Bull is.
            WOW - That sounds like it was a mess alright........

I'm glad I didn't load up the wife and pull the trigger on making the 570 miles/ 10+ hour trip (one way) to get there........she would have never gone to another track outside of MI.

Ryan
            Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

With Erics current update post on the Pro Stick site in regard to members making comments on tracks Ill reframe from anymore posts here. Its unprofessional.
              79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
              69 Stang Vert
              69 Stang Coupe
              92 Stang 5.0 LX
              other DD's

Comment

The were cars from 20+ states plus England and a couple of other European countries attending this years FE event. Unfortunately its spring and the rains came too. Mother nature does play havoc at some events and its not uncommon to see someone get stuck in parts of the Beaver Springs top end pits when the grounds get saturated. I too have helped people like Dan the Man get his race rig out of the mud.

As a side note I had a couple of test runs at the Beaver last Friday night and the car stuck well with the old slicks. The runs appeared to be repeatable too. Unfortunately I didn't get to do any further tests/suspension tuning as my stock balancer pulley shattered so I needed to load up and headed home just before a manic wind/rain storm hit.
                Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:33, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.91@135.56

Comment

Working...
                X