Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 428 (04-28-2018) Day - Anyone planning on attending the reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Joe Grippo posted another sweet video of my buddy's '69CJ Mustang. We had screwed the shocks down (some more) to reduce the wheelstand height.....went up again, but then cut the -0.006 (red) light........done - his last pass at the event last weekend at BSD!

https://www.facebook.com/joe.grippo....6296822736148/

- Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
    Glad you had a safe trip to the Beaver n then back home! Gorgeous 69 Mustang!! Too bad Mother Nature had to show up with the wet stuff n wind. Stinks to see a car tore up.
    Thanks, Tater!

Leave a comment:

• Tater351C
    replied
    Glad you had a safe trip to the Beaver n then back home! Gorgeous 69 Mustang!! Too bad Mother Nature had to show up with the wet stuff n wind. Stinks to see a car tore up.

Leave a comment:

• blue34
    replied
    it hurt just watching the video !

lots of cool rides in those pics & vids !!!!!! Thanks.

Keith

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis112 View Post
    That is one beautiful hauling ass Stang!
    I have to agree with ya, Dennis! Uncut shock towers turning it on a small tire! Basically, a SS FE drivetrain bolted in a Stock Eliminator 'Stang body...

Thanks... I'll pass along your complement, Sir!

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Dennis112
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
    That is one beautiful hauling ass Stang!

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Originally posted by blue34 View Post
    I really hate to see a neat ride like that wrecked.
    thanks for the update.

Keith

It was the last day to race this '58 Ford..... go to FE Race & Reunion for more pics of this hot rod...

Here is a vid of its last pass: https://www.facebook.com/diane.lamay...7521269637731/
    Diane LaMay
    Glad the driver was able to get out of the car & walk away...
    www.facebook.com
    The '58 was running a 530 cube all aluminum FE with Pro Port Kuntz Colvert heads Hogan sheet-metal intake Two Dominators C4 transmission... 5.92 ET @ 101 mph; 1/8 mile.

The '58 at Launch time:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

Ryan
    Last edited by Ryan Wilke; 04-29-2019, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Here is a Slo-Mo vid of launch to ~300ft of my friend's '69 CJ:

https://www.facebook.com/steve.cater...&theater&ifg=1

Notice the flags....those babies were straight out & wiping all day! I believe driving into 25-35+ mph head winds.... 6.12 ET @ 112 mph; 1/8 mile.

Ryan
    Last edited by Ryan Wilke; 04-29-2019, 06:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Thanks, Keith!!

Leave a comment:

• blue34
    replied

Here is my friend's blue '69 CJ that we took to the event:

Image may contain: car, sky, cloud and outdoor

A BEAUTIFUL Mustang!

Ryan
    for sure !!!

Keith

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied

Here is my friend's blue '69 CJ that we took to the event:

Image may contain: car, sky, cloud and outdoor

A BEAUTIFUL Mustang!

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• blue34
    replied
    I really hate to see a neat ride like that wrecked.
    thanks for the update.

Keith

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Pic of the '58:

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Wilke
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennis112 View Post

This is the least mountainous route for this area (it actually doesn't have any.)

Specifically, head on I80 East and watch for Route 15 South toward Lewisbury/Sunbury/Selingsgrove. In Selingsgrove take 522S (turn right) to Beaver Springs (the town.) Turn right at Beaver Springs (there will be an old gas station that is now pretty much more of a Tire shop) onto route 235 toward Benfer for 2 miles. Watch for the sign on the left in Benfer as the track is actually located there.

Pretty sure GPS will call the track an airport.

Enjoy and Good Luck!
    Dennis,
    Thanks for the tips and directions, my Friend!

Yep, we could have had some drier weather, but we still got the event in on Saturday (yesterday).
    We drove down Wednesday, arriving/staying in Middleburg about 9PM. We went to the track Thursday mid-AM to stage the trailer, scope it out and learn any particulars...it drizzled on/off all day. Friday, rained all day, including for the Brat & Beer dinner. We ate, but had to be under a roof to keep dry. We left hoping the rain would let up and that the wind would dry up some of the water. Saturday we arrived before 8AM with the Sun shining - but LOTS of northern wind - which was good, because it did dry up lots of the rain water and we were glad it was a head wind and not a cross wind. At the driver's meeting it was announced that due to the high winds, all passes would only be 1/8 mile. A couple of passes and we got into the 'Fast 8' right on the bump with a 6.124. But the red bulb bug bit with a 0.04 in Fast 8, then on to the CJ class, we were bit again with a 0.006 red. There was one wreck, a black/white '58 Ford got outta the line and took a tumble. Driver was fine, but car was smashed. We had no breakages or other issues. We drove back to MI today.......... It was a Great event! Short, but we got it all in. Of course if we hadn't been hitting a big head wind, the car would have been faster.... but for a fresh build less than a month ago, the owner/driver & crew (me) were very happy all in all!

Ryan
    Last edited by Ryan Wilke; 04-28-2019, 11:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dennis112
    replied
    I will discuss your suggestion to go to Selingsgrove, then S on 522 with the "pilot". It's his rig and he's doing the driving so it'll be his decision.

Ryan
    This is the least mountainous route for this area (it actually doesn't have any.)

Specifically, head on I80 East and watch for Route 15 South toward Lewisbury/Sunbury/Selingsgrove. In Selingsgrove take 522S (turn right) to Beaver Springs (the town.) Turn right at Beaver Springs (there will be an old gas station that is now pretty much more of a Tire shop) onto route 235 toward Benfer for 2 miles. Watch for the sign on the left in Benfer as the track is actually located there.

Pretty sure GPS will call the track an airport.

Enjoy and Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X