Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stick Shift Nats at Farmington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick Shift Nats at Farmington

Rode down to the Stick Shift Nationalís with my good buddy Bull last week. He raced n I played water box beotch. Nice track and a lot of friendly peeps there! Bull went -.011 Red in the 2nd Rd but we both had a great time there!! There were 104 Stick cars on the property with a lot of fast cars! Our Pro Stick Racing group had 10 cars there. Almost 30K in purse n side prizes given out!! About a 6 hour tow from where Iím at with some large mountains to climb before the NC border but Iíll be there Racing next year if they put this race on again!! Be glad to throw my hat in the ring for the payout!! 5K to win n 2.5K for RU. $60 per rd win. And a first rd loser race with 1.5K to win. All the reg. Pro Stick Guys said theyíd be back next year. Kinda wished Iíd drugged my junk down this year but. Is what it is.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
    There were 104 Stick cars on the property with a lot of fast cars!

Sounds like a blast! I am seriously planning on coming down to watch you guys next year. Fun to finally meet some fellow M&Mers and watch some serious gear banging!

1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
    363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Hate I missed meeting up with you. I took our footbrake car to Piedmont that saturday. Would have been better off had I rode over to Farmington and just hung out with you guys.
      Rob Hetzler
      M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
      Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Thanks for the update Tater. Did they run on a full or Protree? I heard that PA local Matt Berganstock was 2nd in "cash days." What was cash days all about?
        Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

Poppy-Sounds like a plan! Rob-Bummer on your deal. Maybe next year? Dennis- It was a Full tree. The Dash For Cash was basically on the 2nd time run put a dial on your car. If you had a perfect .000 reaction time and ran on your dial with a zero it was worth $1,000. I think one guy actually won that!! Next was to run closets to your dial. That paid $500. Next closest paid $250. Matt won the $250. We were pitted next to Matt n his wife n they were happy with the weekend overall n talking about coming back next year. Just loaded my car in the trailer for Mason. Weather not looking too good for Sat. but Sun. looks ok atm. See you at Mason.
          79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

Over on the Gear Jammers Facebook page theyíve posted a lot of pictures from the race. Even got one of me talking with Big Matt n his wife...lol. I donít do Facebook but I didnít have any problems viewing them. Itís at Classic Gear Jammers Facebook.
            69 Stang Vert
            69 Stang Coupe
            92 Stang 5.0 LX
            other DD's

Comment

Ohhhhhwwwwww-I love racing on a Protree-its that darn full tree that kicks my butt. Next year I should have a ton of vacation to use (or lose) so I'll keep the race in mind.

Car's loaded and ready to rock but Sunday is starting to look a little tainted-I'll keep my fingers crossed.
              Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

Iíve been following Mandee Pauch Blog on YouTube this year. Her Dad is a Legend in Dirt Track Racing in the NE. Her brother also races dirt along with her boy friend who runs a winged Sprint Car along with a Modified....pretty good dirt track racers. Sheís been posting a lot of blogís lately and I appreciate all her effort n agree with a lot of her views in the overall view of all racing. Her current blog hit a bell and explained about thereís no participation awards in racing unlike the local area soccer sport. I kinda liked that n related it to drag racing. I think drag racing needs more peeps like Mandee getting the word out!!!
                69 Stang Vert
                69 Stang Coupe
                92 Stang 5.0 LX
                other DD's

Comment

Working...
                X