Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Stick Race Blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Stick Race Blog

Sundayís race at Mason Dixon was a packed house with over 270+ race cars on the property. Pro Stick class had 50 cars. It was pretty uncomfortable with the heat/humidity but that was the same for everyone. My car worked ok with no issues n we only got one time run before eliminations. I went a 10.30 at just over 130 mph which was good considering the air for me. First Rd I got paired up with the Pro Stick Champ for the past two years. I went -.007 Red and ran it out with a 10.28. I think Dennis ran out by .01 on his pass. Hope heíll chime in with his info on the day. My Buddy Bull and Dave also went out in Rd#1. Anyways I had a good time n car seems good to go for next Sundayís race at South Mountain in Pa.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

https://youtu.be/zmOG-2ilDcA
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

We were kind of limited being given only the 1 timeshot (which was also the qualifying run) and I ran a 10.109 off the trailer. For the first round I got randomly paired up with Eric Kitchen, El Presidente and founder of the Prostick group with his 427 69' Chevelle. My light wasn't so good (but at least it wasn't red :P) so I ran it hard for a breakout 10.092 (on the 10.10 dial.) I should have know that I was in trouble when I saw Eric almost catching up and then his nose went down just as we reached the stripe. As Tater said we had a good time (as we always do as its a great bunch of guys.) There are no buybacks in Prostick so I loaded up and headed out. The clouds let loose after the 2nd round so there was no clear winner for the day. They would have split the purse and everyone would collect their earned points for the event.

Not so sure if I'll head to South Mountain Sunday as the weather is forecast to be a blustery 95* and sunny . . . . . The car still seems anxious to want to go so we'll see.
      Last edited by Dennis112; 06-26-2018, 04:46 AM.
      Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:33, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.91@135.56

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
        I liked that !
        34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Stinks to hear you guys went out early but with the rain later on maybe it helped keep spirits up. Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. Better luck this weekend if you go!
          1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
          347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
          363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
          244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

The car looks good Tater.

Hate to hear the early exit, but like was said, with the eventual rain out, it might have been a good thing you guys got out of there early.
            Rob Hetzler
            M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
            Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

No hard feelings about an early exit.....you arrived, you raced, and you loaded up and left without anything broken....... sounds like a win-win to me!
              Sure, more rounds are nice, winning $$ is nice, but that is just icing on the cake in my book!

Ryan
              Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

El Presidente....LOL. Thanks for the interest n comments guys! Iím currently on the fence as far as going to South Mountain this Sunday after seeing the weather forecast being 95 degrees. The high heat just takes a lot of the fun factor out of it for me. Yeah Iím a wimp but weíll see if something changes.
                69 Stang Vert
                69 Stang Coupe
                92 Stang 5.0 LX
                other DD's

Comment

Didn't catch it on the first take of your vid Tater but it looks like at the end of your shutdown area you take a left into town

Is that the cool down cruise?

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
                    Didn't catch it on the first take of your vid Tater but it looks like at the end of your shutdown area you take a left into town

Is that the cool down cruise?
                    . Thereís a road that runs right by the sand pit that has a church and houses on it. Those are the older houses that have gotten along ok with the track. Probably around 30 years ago on the opposite side behind the track thereís a McMansion housing development with huge big $ houses. Years ago they tried to shut the track down but were unsuccessful due to the track being there for so many years. Youíd think people would be aware of their surroundings before buying but then I assume people have common sense. Lol

69 Stang Vert
                    69 Stang Coupe
                    92 Stang 5.0 LX
                    other DD's

Comment

Did it sputter a bit on the 1-2 or 2-3 shift? Or was that just my internet speed?
                      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Probably around 30 years ago on the opposite side behind the track thereís a McMansion housing development with huge big $ houses. Years ago they tried to shut the track down but were unsuccessful due to the track being there for so many years.
                        Thank God the people on their City Counsel must still have a little common sense. Something sadly most do not.

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
                          Did it sputter a bit on the 1-2 or 2-3 shift? Or was that just my internet speed?
                          I didnít feel any sputter or anything. You can hear the slicks bark on the 1-2 shift so I probably need to take a little more clutch out but I think Iím getting close to the borderline with that.

69 Stang Vert
                          69 Stang Coupe
                          92 Stang 5.0 LX
                          other DD's

Comment

I didnít feel any sputter or anything. You can hear the slicks bark on the 1-2 shift so I probably need to take a little more clutch out but I think Iím getting close to the borderline with that.
                            That could have been what I heard. Sometimes audio isn't clear on my speakers.
                            ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                            -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                            -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                            " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Are you shifting clutchless and letting the 2 step interrupt the power so you can shift?
                              Rob Hetzler
                              M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                              Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
                              X