Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Stick Race Blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
    Are you shifting clutchless and letting the 2 step interrupt the power so you can shift?
    Iím using the clutch only at the starting line. Gas peddle stays matted and then pulling n pushing thru the gears with the inline V gate shifter. After leaving the starting line only function the 3 step has is a high over rev function thatís currently set at 7,500. I was hitting a 7,300 rpm chip with it right before the finish line on first pass last Sunday n put the 7,500 in for 2nd run. It didnít hit the 7,500. Kinda pushing a 351W stock block with cast crank n I beams I guess.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

With the future weather forecast saying itíll be around 98 degrees at Sundayís race at South Mountain I think Iím gonna throw in the towel and skip this race. Call me a whimp but that temp with no ac in the trailer is just reason for self abuse. Good Luck to those that make the race.
      79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
      69 Stang Vert
      69 Stang Coupe
      92 Stang 5.0 LX
      other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
        With the future weather forecast saying itíll be around 98 degrees at Sundayís race at South Mountain I think Iím gonna throw in the towel and skip this race. Call me a whimp but that temp with no ac in the trailer is just reason for self abuse. Good Luck to those that make the race.
        +1 on pulling the plug. Really want to go but it would be best if I stay away from the expected high heat and humidity.
        Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

I would agree with both of your (Tater and Dennis) decisions.
          Those levels of heat and humidity cause tracks to be super greasy and people to do things that they normally would not do, like make dumb mistakes. This sport does not have room for dumb mistakes. Sure, there will be some fellas that dump a ton of $$ to manage to get it done and most others that take the chance only managing to luckily dodge a bullet and pull it off, but it would be more luck than talent if they can pull it off.

The weather guessers are calling for 98*F with a heat index of 104*F tomorrow. I live less than 4 miles from my local track. https://www.midmichmotorplex.com/ But even if my car was ready to roll onto the trailer, I would not go tomorrow....my talent is small, my $$ budget is small and my luck is not the best.......

This situation reminds me of: It was the dead of winter. I was just a kid. Two days earlier, a blizzard had dumped nearly 2ft of snow and then it stopped, only to turn bitter cold, like -20*F. I walked over to our neighbor's house, to find the dad still home. The dad cut timber for a living. I asked him why he wasn't in the woods working. He told me if he went to work, it would cost him more than he could make. I asked him what did he mean. He told me because he'd do more fighting the snow and cold than cutting wood and it would likely be hard on all of his equipment, likely causing excessive wear if not breakage in those conditions......

Take Care my Friends, -- Ryan
          Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Next Pro Stick race is this coming Saturday at Summerduck in Va. Itís a narrow hole in the wall back woods 1/8 mile type track. Iím planning on being there with my junk and throw out the dice. Hereís an incar video I did last year in my good Buddy Daveís early Camaro drag car. He usually runs real low 9ís in the 1/4. This track is extremely narrow and the shutdown area is downhill with a 180 at the bottom.https://youtu.be/b3WptXPz91c
            69 Stang Vert
            69 Stang Coupe
            92 Stang 5.0 LX
            other DD's

Comment

Haven't seen a track with a non LED tree in a while......vintage! Good luck this weekend!
              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
              363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

TY Poppy for the GL! Iíll need it for sure but I look at it like every dog has itís day! Some of the faithful old Pro Stick racers still make this race even though they hate the track. Last year I was walking by a regular PS racer and said ďHey *ē~# how you doing?Ē Without hesitation hey said ď I hate this Fíing place!!!Ē That kinda stuck with me n I wondered, ok. Then why are you here? Lol. Dennis, I know the Duck isnít your favorite track either. Any you planning to maybe make it there by chance? If not I understand. Weather forecast looks decent ATM.
                69 Stang Vert
                69 Stang Coupe
                92 Stang 5.0 LX
                other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
                  Dennis, I know the Duck isnít your favorite track either. Any you planning to maybe make it there by chance? If not I understand. Weather forecast looks decent ATM.
                  You're correct that its far from my favorite track (distance, potential heat, lack of amenities) but I won't say I'd never go back. This year I'm sure that I'll score more points by staying home for our wedding anniversary (which is also Saturday.) I haven't been to Colonial Beach yet so I'm trying to figure out how I can do it with my schedule (and the pup.) From there on out I should be good to go.

Good Luck to ya Tater!

PS--For cooling Fred relies on the fan like you bought (he absolutely swears by it) and a cool, damp towel on the back his neck. Once he gets buttoned in (belts/Hahn's) he pretty much rides the heat out.
                  Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

Tater, the weather for Sumerduck looks like it has gone to crap for the weekend with lots of rain forecast.
                    Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

Comment

Happy Anniversary Dennis!!! Looks like Mother Nature for the win at Summerduck. Race is cancelled with no makeup date. Next Pro Stick race is in a couple weeks at Colonial Beach, Va.
                      69 Stang Vert
                      69 Stang Coupe
                      92 Stang 5.0 LX
                      other DD's

Comment

Off to Colonial Beach Dragway this coming week! Decent track n hoping for good weather. Iím hoping to make a good showing.
                        69 Stang Vert
                        69 Stang Coupe
                        92 Stang 5.0 LX
                        other DD's

Comment

Colonial Beach weather looks promising this weekend and I've made all the arrangements for the trip. If it still looks good in the morning, I'll be heading there tomorrow afternoon.
                          Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

Comment

Good luck, gentlemen!

'70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '18 Edge SEL AWD

My Mach's restoration progress
                            My Sprint's restoration progress
                            ĒMercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.Ē ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Good luck guys! Keep 'em in one piece!
                              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                              363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
                                Good luck guys! Keep 'em in one piece!
                                X2, Gents! Spank some Chebbie butts!

Ryan
                                Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X