Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Stick Race Blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me start out saying that Colonial Beach Va is a nice track and I wish it was closer! I was glad to meet up there with my local Buddies along with Dennis n the other Pro Stick regulars. We had 33 Stick cars. It was the tracks Nostalgia race and they had a nice field of show cars along with drag cars n spectaters. They have new starting line lights n let me say they r close together!! Hereís my report. I was happy to have my Wife n my Dad make the trip with me! I made it thru 1st rd n the 2nd rd I went -.011 Red but the car hooked n booked n ran a new best of 6.45 at 105. Iíll try to post a video link. Had a safe trip back home and nothing seems broke. Gonna pull the trans n clutch to reshim the clutch this week then itís off to Capital Dragway in Crofton, Md in two weeks. My Buddy Bullís new GF2000 trans seems to agree with him n his car. He made it to 3 cars before cutting an .006 light in Semiís but landing outta the groove n having to lift a split sec. n giving the race away. Things r going pretty good ATM. Iíll let Dennis give his race day report.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

https://youtu.be/3dVvArtbJgk
      79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.282@130.86
      69 Stang Vert
      69 Stang Coupe
      92 Stang 5.0 LX
      other DD's

Comment

I too took one round and went out in the 2nd with a 6.359 on a 6.37 dial. I couldn't come close to my competitor's .001 light either so I didn't have a chance. I stayed and watched until the semi's and then started the 4 hour trip home.

As Tater mentioned, the track was decent but the rollout is way, way to close-maybe 6" max?. I've been to a lot of other tracks and never encountered one this close. I asked my 2nd competitor to prestage before I did because I couldn't bump in like he could without also setting off the stage light too. He made it to the finals against last years Prostick Champion. I don't yet know how that turned out.

Looking forward for the trip to Capital which is one of the best tracks that we race.

Tater, have you noticed that Dan the Man hasn't won a round yet this year?
        Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:33, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.91@135.56

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post

SWEET !!!!

Keith
          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a GREAT day racing!!!
            Sure, in the $$ would have been sweet icing on the cake, but nice track, nice weather, unbroke car,,,, safe trip back home..... that's all WIN-WIN category to me!

Ryan
            Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Launch looked good!
              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
              363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Straight from Eric....Dan the Man is on suicide watch! Heck Colonial was the first race Dave made it past 1st rd too!
                69 Stang Vert
                69 Stang Coupe
                92 Stang 5.0 LX
                other DD's

Comment

One thing that’s real world is trying to do this class is me trying to do it with a kinda street legal type car minus exhaust. Heck I remember back in the day the Wifey n I going to the local cruise in’s with it. Lol. When you end up paired up with a dedicated purpose build race car it’s somewhat frustrating but I just gotta get my head n the game n realize the other guy puts his pants on like me. Plus, I look at it as I have nothing to loose. Only to gain.
                  69 Stang Vert
                  69 Stang Coupe
                  92 Stang 5.0 LX
                  other DD's

Comment

One thing that’s real world is trying to do this class is me trying to do it with a kinda street legal type car minus exhaust. Heck I remember back in the day the Wifey n I going to the local cruise in’s with it. Lol. When you end up paired up with a dedicated purpose build race car it’s somewhat frustrating but I just gotta get my head n the game n realize the other guy puts his pants on like me. Plus, I look at it as I have nothing to loose. Only to gain.
                    Reminds me, years ago, during the first season I took my '69 to the track. I picked up my youngest (about 11yrs old then) son from school, then we took my rig (which consisted of my '65 F100 with it's faded 20yr old backyard paint job pulling my wood bed utility trailer with this ol' '69 Mach I with it's 30+ yr old faded OE paint, OE tape stripes and even some rust around the tail lights) to the track. We pulled it right up on the paved section of the pit area. I pulled it right in between these two enclosed haulers with diesel pusher tractors. As I started to unload in the shadow of these haulers, a couple of fellas came up and gave me the dirtiest looks - but said nothing. My son turned and asked me if we were in the wrong section of the pits. I told him, "No, why do you ask?" ( I knew why he was asking....) to which he replied with shrugging his shoulders. I told him, "Everyone here has come here to race their hot rod. Some have fancy haulers, cars and gear, while others do not. But not to worry because we will all do the best we can with what we have.... And know that sometimes something will break, or someone will make a mistake, which may result in giving the race to the other guy. That's what some guys call luck.. others call it destiny. I just call it racing........"

Tater, pull that hot rod of yours up through the burn box and line it up. Focus and give it your best shot. Make the other lane EARN the win..........

Ryan

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Two sides to that coin. When I first started running Pro/ET, I would get a little intimidated by the full on race cars. Even the wife and kids would give me a little grief in staging trying to hang with the gutted out, big tire, stickered up cars and dragsters. Getting out of the street car classes and jumping in sucked at first, rarely got a round win but it made me much better as a driver. .060 lights...not going to cut it. Off 5 numbers on the dial....load it on the trailer. Still not a great racer by any stretch of the imagination but can finally hang with the rest of the guys/gals and most weekends can go rounds. But to be honest, the only thing I like better than beating a full bore race car is out running a big block . There is a guy that usually pits by us with a 440 slo-par and a 8-71 sitting on top. Beautiful Cuda but the interior is gutted and it's on steam rollers. He's typically around 4 tenths slower than my little pump gas 363 and that usually lifts my spirits when I have to sit under the hot car after a day of racing and having to adjust the clutch.
                      1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
                      347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
                      363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
                      244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Thanks for the kind words n encouragement guys. Itís kinda easy to second guess your situation.
                        69 Stang Vert
                        69 Stang Coupe
                        92 Stang 5.0 LX
                        other DD's

Comment

Mother Nature for the win, again. Todayís Pro Stick race at Capital Dragway in Maryland was Cancelled due to the rainy forecast for today. Tomorrowís rain date is also Cancelled due to tomorrowís forecast.
                          69 Stang Vert
                          69 Stang Coupe
                          92 Stang 5.0 LX
                          other DD's

Comment

The weather has been rough on tracks all over the place this year.
                            Rob Hetzler
                            M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                            Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Yeah this years weather hasnít been too good for the drag strips or the dirt tracks around here. Funny thing though is where the Pro Stick race was gonna be today Iíve watched the radar closely and as of now 7:28 pm there hasnít been any precipitation near that area. Go figure....
                              69 Stang Vert
                              69 Stang Coupe
                              92 Stang 5.0 LX
                              other DD's

Comment

That happened here a couple of weeks ago. One of the local tracks that runs on Sunday cancelled fairly early Saturday afternoon, and then Sunday it didnt rain until after 9 pm, and they are always done by 7:00. They could have got the race if they would have run it.
                                Rob Hetzler
                                M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                                Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
                                X