Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOO Dirt Track video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOO Dirt Track video

Ive followed the local dirt track stuff since I was knee high. Hereís a video from last year of one of the top WOO Late Model teams that runs a Ford based engine program. Turn up the volume n fast forward the beginning some. The team lost 3 engines last year. I canít imagine why?? Lol https://youtu.be/BqrjgO_Nxpc
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Just me but I could listen to a soundtrack of these engines screaming for a long time!!
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.215@131.3
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

I was wrong.... they lost 5 engines last year. Rough/Yates engines at 52k a piece! Hmmmmm
      69 Stang Vert
      69 Stang Coupe
      92 Stang 5.0 LX
      other DD's

Comment

Years ago, and I mean years ago, when I was still helping with the dirt track car, one of the guys who ran the midwest series bought a Yates engine (before the Roush/Yates merger.) They made a lot of power. I seem to remember something about that motor being like $30k at the time. When they had a mid season break where they didnt race for over a week, they pulled the motor out to freshen it, and also noted all the parts and clearances in it. They then built a second engine to duplicate that first one and it was well below half the price of the engine they bought.

But yeah, I love listening to and watching those upper series dirt track late models run. The Lucas Oil guys were on last night from Tampa, and man, that's just good racing.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

In the mid 80's I worked at a large Colorado Springs used car dealership and the owner wanted to race Nascar. This is when they first allowed for a V6 motor and he wanted to race a early 80's Pontiac Lemans. He bought two $25K+ built racing motors from Buick and the first one blew in the 2nd or 3rd lap of time trials. The 2nd one was installed overnight and it blew in the pits without making a lap. Needless to say the owner wasn't the least bit happy. He had Buick air ship a 3rd motor to him at the track. I don't remember if that one died or not (it didn't complete the race) but the results from the tear down of the first 2 was death due to PTV contact even though they were supposedly dyno'ed at Buick and ready to race.

I also remembered drooling over the custom Ford toploaders that he stored in my shop that he used in the car.
          Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

That in car stuff is cool, thanks! Dirt track racing is a blast to watch and still pretty cheap to attend with the kids.
            1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
            347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
            363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - 10.11 @ 133.17 so far

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
            244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 104

Comment

Working...
            X