Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not what you want to see a month before the first race of the year . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a plan! Hopefully everything comes together n no more issues show up.
    79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.71’s, tagged street/strip 10.18@133.2
    69 Stang Vert
    69 Stang Coupe
    92 Stang 5.0 LX
    other DD's

Comment

Good job at 'Gettin' r Dun' and diving into finding the source for the leakdown, Dennis!

Wishing you luck in getting the parts back in a timely fashion..........want to read about you at the track with your hotrod again!

Ryan
      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm surprised you only found two compression rings aligned. Every time I pull a motor apart I always find about half of them aligned no matter where they were when initially installed.
        Rob Hetzler
        M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
        Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

I have the head, headers, and oil pan back installed now. I plan on buttoning up everything else (but the intake manifold) today. The rest will be done when the rockers are in hand. I have off work the Friday before the VMP race (in 2 weeks) so hopefully the stars will align for the trip.

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
          I'm surprised you only found two compression rings aligned. Every time I pull a motor apart I always find about half of them aligned no matter where they were when initially installed.
          I removed only the piston that had the weak cylinder and replaced its ring set. I left the other 3 cylinders alone since the leakdown was the same as when the motor went together and I saw no obvious damage in the bores.
          Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

How's everything progressing?
            Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Unfortunately I've heard nothing over the last week and a half concerning the cost of repair. The glimmer of hope in making VMP this year is pretty much extinguished. :-(
              Dennis

65' STANG Street/Strip

434W NA, Victor Heads, Super Vic Intake, Bullet SR, Braswell Carb, 11.2:1, Gforce 4 Spd, 4:56, 93 Octane Pump Gas pushing 3550lbs. 9.66@140.65

Comment

That sucks.
                Rob Hetzler

My Photo Page

Comment

Working...
                X