Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for advice on 69 351 windsor build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice on 69 351 windsor build

I am looking for some advice on the rebuild of a 69 351 windor that will go in my 69 mach one. The block has been bored 30 over and decked .01to clean up. It is a 69 block so it has the lower 9.48 deck height to begin with. I have some edelbrock rpm heads that have been ported and milled down .03 so they should be close to 58 cc chambers. I am looking for some advice on piston selection that will allow me to run this on pump gas. The mail order companies all seem to have pistons for the later deck height but not this one at least that is what I am finding. Anyone have any advice on some reasonably priced pistons for a street only car? I am thinking that my target compression ratio should be about 10:1. I am looking at trw forged 2446 or hypernuetic h336p but not sure
    Thanks

Nash ..... Alex, M&M Name ''Moneymaker" is away on business for a few days. If you don't get a good reply, re-post when he gets back .... I'm not sure when, but most likely next week ....
    I'm sure he will lead you in the right direction ..... he does for everyone else.
    Good Luck ....
    Eddie "D"
    '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
    M&M Member #339.

Comment

Companies like Cometic can make head gaskets to the correct thickness to allow 9.5 deck off-the-shelf pistons to be run.
      68 Mustang coupe NMCA Mean Street
      347 NA @3100lbs
      best so far: 10.52@125 with 1.43 60' on goodrich 275-15 drag radials looking for 10.20's!
      67 mustang 11-teens with 351W/C9OE heads and rusted out floor pan
      69 torino gt 351C 4sp
      78 F150 460 running low 14's
      02 powerstroke

Comment

The motor I just built is a 69 low deck block. Its for race only and had to get Cometics to give me more valve clearance. They were not cheap. Plus I have custom pistons.

With the block and heads being shaved, and the lower deck to begin with, pistons that would normally be 9:1 maybe right where you want them for a street car.

Definately wait unitl Alex or another gives you more advise on piston selection.
        Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.31.so far.
        2010 F150, 4.6L 2wd
        2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

I'm back from Orlando.

Brrrr it's freaking cold up here.
          sigpic

Alex Denysenko
          Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
          NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
          First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
          First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
          5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
          Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
          Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
          Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
          Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
          Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
          www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

Alex, glad to see you are back and had a good time. Nashville has felt like Orlando this weekend but I am sure that will change quick. If you get a minute I would cetainly apprecaite your opinion on the piston selection above. The edelbrcok heads were on my 289 and I thought I would save them for this 69 car with a 351 windsor. I am not really sure what the chamber size is but I do know that I had them milled down .03. I read somewhere that the chamber size reduced 1cc for every .006 milled so that would make them actually 55-56 cc.
            thanks

Comment

Working...
            X