Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motor mounts for my Cougar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor mounts for my Cougar

I was going to weld up my stockers to make solid. But I think I should buy some.
    Im thinking I need pure solids because of my combo. But the ones offered like from NPD have me intriqued. The ones that are captured with the poly bushing. Would that be ok?
    If not, who offers solids. Haven't been able to find any.
    And along that line, my car originaly was a FMX. Will the trans crossmember / mount still work with the C4 Im going with?
    Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.31.so far.
    2010 F150, 4.6L 2wd
    2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Give Alex a call, he'll fix you up with what you need

1-219-861-1214

Barry
    Barry70Stang
    70 Boss 302 Clone
    347 Stroker
    C-4 trans
    12.68 @ 105.87

Comment

Why not just modify the factory (driver's) mount with a couple of bolts through the upper to lower? A couple of bucks and you're done. And it's stealthy.
      Pass side doesn't need the mod.

I run my mounts that way on my '70.

And the FMX x-member works fine for the C4. I'm sure you're aware of all the other changes...

Comment

Hey Mike, good question interested also on solid mounts. What are the big benefits? I have always ran good stock mounts without any problems. Also what do you mean Allenman about bolts upper/lower. Can you describe better or any pics......Tim

Comment

Originally posted by DragBoss View Post
          Hey Mike, good question interested also on solid mounts. What are the big benefits? I have always ran good stock mounts without any problems. Also what do you mean Allenman about bolts upper/lower. Can you describe better or any pics......Tim
          He is referring to through bolting the existing mounts.
          You drill holes through the top plate, rubber and lower plate, then add nuts.
          it will never be a real solid mount, but won't come apart.

Kinda mickey mouse, but it is a economical alternative
          sigpic

Alex Denysenko
          Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
          NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
          First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
          First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
          5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
          Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
          Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
          Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
          Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
          Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
          www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

I don't want to mickey mouse it. I've never run a T-brake before so I don't want to chance ripping a mount.
            If I can use a poly mount and than run a safety cable to tie the block down, that would be fine.
            I used a front engine plate when I put a 460 in my Fox Stang. While it worked well, it was a pain in the arse to put the front of the motor together....gasket,plate,gasket,pump, used 3 hands to hold and line everything up while threading a couple of bolts.. yuck.
            Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.31.so far.
            2010 F150, 4.6L 2wd
            2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

You know guys, it's really not that hard to make solid ones.
              I made a bunch from 1/4 steel plate years ago and I guess I could make up some more.
              With todays technology and my new trick band saw I bet I can whip up some pretty cool ones out of aluminum.
              sigpic

Alex Denysenko
              Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
              NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
              First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
              First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
              5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
              Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
              Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
              Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
              Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
              Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
              www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

Now there you go again making sense. Guess I will have to try and make my own.
                2010 F150, 4.6L 2wd

Comment

As stated above, on the upper mount you tie the two halves together with two bolts. Since you're running in tension vs shear on the bolts, good luck on pulling the bolts apart. I'm not sure how it's mickey mouse -- can't see where 'solid' is more solid than 'solid'.

Comment

Okay, I may just through-bolt the uppers, see how it works. The mounts are practically brand new, so I may as well utilize them. Im always trying to re-invent the wheel. Simple works best.
                    2010 F150, 4.6L 2wd

Comment

Working...
                    X