Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-2-1 vs 4-1 headers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-2-1 vs 4-1 headers?

I'm a newbie in this area. I've just stumbled on a company here in the Philippines that does mandrel-bent headers, so suddenly I have a nice alternative to importing.
    Googling so far reveals that 4-1 is for horse power at the top end, 4-2-1 is for a more even spread of power across the range.
    My only question at the moment is how does that work? (Maybe I don't understand the function of collectors either, 'cos I've also read that the length of collectors can affect power at different RPM.)
    I'd be happy with some links for further reading, or a potted explanation right here at M&M. Plus any other comments on 4-1 vs 4-2-1.
    Thanks as always,
    Simon
    Simon Ward
    67 FB, 68 FB, 71 Mach, 72 Mach x 2, 72 Grande, 68 Cougar x 2 (1 XR7), 72 Torino, and yes ... 68 Camaro!

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...&cPath=137_4_5
    sigpic

Alex Denysenko
    Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
    NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
    First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
    First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
    5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
    Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
    Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
    Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
    Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
    Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
    www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment