Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gt-40y Frp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gt-40y Frp

Hi All,
    Not sure this is the right place for this or not. I am sorry if this is not.

I have a friend that has some GT-40Y FRP heads and a cam that I can pick up for around $600. I have a couple questions.

1. I have a '95 roller motor from a Mustang gt in my '66. Will these heads and cam fit?

2. Anything special I need to do to in stall these, are these a direct bolt in or will I need to modify anything?

3. Is there a performance gain with these?

4. Is $600 a good price?

Sorry, I honestly don't know much about heads and cams. Didn't plan on getting into them just yet. Have other projects on the go but if this is a good opportunity I might jump on them.

This is the information that I have:
    The heads that I have for sale are bolt on replacements for the engine you have. They are the Ford racing upgrade, good with roller motors. I will also have a cam that I would be willing to throw into the deal if you are interested. I will have to get the specs for you when I get the cam out. I was told that it was a mild twisted wedge cam. Which if that is true then you wouldn't need to upgrade anything in your car to put the cam in. I am currently running it in my car with the heads... The GT-40Y (Ford Racing Part) are the heads that I currently have. The stock Cobra's are cast iron. The GT40 heads weight approx 14lbs each where the cast iron weight almost 40lbs

Thanks very much for any and all information.
    Merry Christmas
    Richard
    aka rmousir
    1966 coupe

My Toy - New web site, check it out

lots of stuff done with lots more to do!

What cam?
    sigpic

Alex Denysenko
    Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
    NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
    First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
    First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
    5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
    Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
    Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
    Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
    Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
    Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
    www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

I don't know yet. Will be finding out soon.. He thinks it may be a a mild twisted wedge cam. Sorry but I have no clue on what that means..

It is funny.. I have learned so much, but still have so much more to learn.
      Richard
      aka rmousir
      1966 coupe

My Toy - New web site, check it out

lots of stuff done with lots more to do!

Comment

Working...
      X