Brought to you by:

Twenty Years!
The best source of parts, bar none!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calvert split-mono leafs .What height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvert split-mono leafs .What height?

I want to order the slit-mono leafs from Calvert.What height do you think I should go with .I dont want the rear too high.Their options are 1" down ,stock or 1"up.
    Does anyone have them and what one did you use and do have pics of how your car sits.
    Thanks
    66 mustang coupe. 331 windsor,jr 12:1 solid flat tappet,vic jr,pro-systems 750dp,c4 w/brake,
    8"conv,4:11 spool 9"rear...best time so far 10.85 @ 121.84 on M/T drag radials 255/60/15

I'd do stock height, if you don't like it they'll exchange them.

Comment

I run a 27 tall drag radial(255/60/15) and I want to step up to a 28 tall drag radial(275/60/15).Stock might be a little close.
      I talked to Calvert They didnt mention to me that they would exchange it if didnt sit right.I will ask them that when I order the springs.
      Thanks for the info Steve
      66 mustang coupe. 331 windsor,jr 12:1 solid flat tappet,vic jr,pro-systems 750dp,c4 w/brake,
      8"conv,4:11 spool 9"rear...best time so far 10.85 @ 121.84 on M/T drag radials 255/60/15

Comment

Raising the rear just means the front will have to raise even more to transfer the weight. Keep the back as low as possible for better transfer. Yeah Travis and John are the best with customer service. Another thing is our '66 only has 1/2 inch clearance over the slicks, but for drag racing the rear is always lifting, not squating, so it's not a problem.

www.girlpowerracing.com

Comment

Stock ride height rear split monos with a turn of preload, short 28x11.50 etstreets. stock front coils with rubber coil spacer.. Dosent really rub but had some tire marks after a few miles of street driving...

1999 GT~ procharged 511rwhp
          1965 2+2~ 289 for now... 363 Bennett engine ready to go in.

Comment

[QUOTE=fastback brian;89950]Stock ride height rear split monos with a turn of preload, short 28x11.50 etstreets. stock front coils with rubber coil spacer.. Dosent really rub but had some tire marks after a few miles of street driving...

Thanks for the pic Brian
            Looks like I will get the stock height springs.What size rear wheels and back spacing do you have? Did you have to modify the inner wheelwells?

Comment

Originally posted by carnut331 View Post
              I run a 27 tall drag radial(255/60/15) and I want to step up to a 28 tall drag radial(275/60/15).Stock might be a little close.
              I talked to Calvert They didnt mention to me that they would exchange it if didnt sit right.I will ask them that when I order the springs.
              Thanks for the info Steve
              They will exchage springs if needed.
              sigpic

Alex Denysenko
              Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
              NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
              First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
              First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
              5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
              Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
              Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
              Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
              Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
              Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
              www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                They will exchage springs if needed.
                what about a set of spirngs that are a few years old??, My springs never sat the same side to side.......
                1999 GT~ procharged 511rwhp
                1965 2+2~ 289 for now... 363 Bennett engine ready to go in.

Comment

Probably not after springs have been used for two years.
                  sigpic

Alex Denysenko
                  Co-Administrator

NHRA/IHRA/NMCA member and licensed Superstock driver
                  NHRA and IHRA SS/LA & SS/MA National Record Holder 99','00,'01,'02,'03,'04,'05 & '06
                  First NHRA & IHRA 289 automatic Superstock Mustang in the TENS 06-99
                  First SS/MA in the TENS 04-03
                  5 time IHRA division 5 Superstock Champion
                  Fleet of FoMoCo products including 88 ASC McLaren Mustang #28

The Barry of BarrysGrrl

Quote #1: "I never met a magazine mechanic I liked."
                  Quote #2: "Make sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth!"
                  Quote #3: "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!"
                  Quote #4: "Go fast or go home!"
                  Quote#5:" No Brag,Just Fact!"
                  www.moneymakerracing.com

Comment

Working...
                  X