Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Risotto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risotto

I've made this few times and it's sick!!! pressure cooker mushroom risotto.

Pressure cooker mushroom risotto

- 1 lb crimini rough chop

1-2 portobellos with stems removed rough chop

4 - 6 shltakes rough chop

onion fine dice

2 cloves garlic - minced

*1 tsp better than bouillon mushroom base or 1sp better than bouillon lobster base and 1 cup water (*optional for more flavor, substitute is 1 cup chicken stock)

2 cups chicken stock (3 cups total for recipe, see above for options)

cup white wine such as chardonnay

2 tsp soy sauce

2 scallions fine dice (for topping)

1 cups Arborio rice

3 tbsp oil

3 tbsp butter

Grated fresh parmesan (not processed parmesan!)

Salt and pepper

Heat pressure cooker, add oil and butter, careful not to burn butter, saute mushrooms until well done and brown but not burnt (about 8 minutes), add onion and garlic saute another few minutes, add rice and allow a few minutes to coat rice while occasionally stirring, add wine and allow time for alcohol burn off, add stock, cover and cook on high 6 minutes, quickly release pressure, simmer over low and add cheese (about half cup), serve in warm bowls (warmed in 300 degree oven for at least 20 minutes. topped with cheese and chopped scallions.
    Last edited by Ci8UUP; 08-28-2017, 07:06 AM.
    Ron

If I wasn't on this damn, ass kicking diet, I'd be on that like a hungry ape, Ron. I haven't had any type of 'pasta' (I hate that word ... I call any pasta (again !!) by its real name, like spaghetti, gnocchi, rigatoni, ziti etc etc) ...
    Hey, but I lost 21 pounds since March ... but age sucks. I'm 4 pounds lighter than I was when I graduated USMC Boot Camp. 18 years old, 171 lbs, 30" waist. Now 71 years old, 167 lbs, and a 35" waist !!!
    Eddie "D"
    '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
    M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post
      If I wasn't on this damn, ass kicking diet, I'd be on that like a hungry ape, Ron. I haven't had any type of 'pasta' (I hate that word ... I call any pasta (again !!) by its real name, like spaghetti, gnocchi, rigatoni, ziti etc etc) ...
      Hey, but I lost 21 pounds since March ... but age sucks. I'm 4 pounds lighter than I was when I graduated USMC Boot Camp. 18 years old, 171 lbs, 30" waist. Now 71 years old, 167 lbs, and a 35" waist !!!
      Eddie, I can relate. I've been on a diet for about 2 1/2 years now, lost about 30lbs. I'm on my own kind of diet, I've taken pieces of information and constructed my own, it's kind of strange but has worked for me. I've changed it up quite a bit over the past couple years to suit my regimen. In a nutshell I starve myself of calories through breakfast and lunch so I can have a nice dinner, I hate going to bed hungry, it's kind of backwards from what the diet guru's preach, but it works for me, especially with my alcohol intake at night which is where a lot of my caloric intake is from.

I started lifting weights when I started my diet and have ratcheted up my weight training over the past year, now I work out every single day. My upper body is getting rock solid for my age, my lower body stays in shape because I run on the treadmill a couple miles, but I can't get rid of the damn belly and back fat! wife says it's my liver... whatever I'm bench pressing 235 and have a goal of getting to 300, that pushes me to excel. I bought a decline bench for hyperextensions and incline crunches so maybe that will solve the midsection problem, either that or a new liver.

Back to the risotto... wife said it equaled the risotto she had at tiger woods restaurant in palm beach gardens when we were there, so that was quite a compliment.
      Ron

Comment

Ron, I can also relate to the 'Belly Fat'. I've read that it comes from the loss of testosterone as a man ages. I've had mine checked, and they say it's somewhat above average for my age, but that seems to be where most of my 20 pounds was.
        And yes, they all say that you must eat a breakfast if you're on a diet. BUT ... if I eat a breakfast, no matter how light, like 2 pieces of whole wheat, thin sliced toast, I'm hungry all day. If I skip breakfast and have my usual 5 cups of coffee, I can go all day without eating, until about 6PM.
        But my downfall is SWEETS, and eating (snacking) at night .... like after 8PM.
        I've screwed up my metabolism over years of see-saw diets, fasts, starvation and over eating, so now I really have to cut my calories way way down to lose any weight at all.
        It sucks, I know. I HATE DIETS !!!
        Eddie "D"
        '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
        "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
        M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by Ci8UUP View Post

Eddie, I can relate. I've been on a diet for about 2 1/2 years now, lost about 30lbs. I'm on my own kind of diet, I've taken pieces of information and constructed my own, it's kind of strange but has worked for me. I've changed it up quite a bit over the past couple years to suit my regimen. In a nutshell I starve myself of calories through breakfast and lunch so I can have a nice dinner, I hate going to bed hungry, it's kind of backwards from what the diet guru's preach, but it works for me.......
          I do pretty much the same thing, although I don't think of it as a diet. I've never been a large breakfast eater, preferring a sweet roll or some cookies to a plate of eggs and meat and bread first thing in the morning. As to lunch, I quit eating a large lunch or most times any lunch a few years back when the AC was broke in the truck and it was close to 100* everyday. Maybe a small pack of cookies or cheese crackers and I'm ready to go. Just can't eat when I'm hot, makes me sick. At the evening meal that we country folks call supper, city folks call dinner, I eat a full meal. I don't snack between meals, either. I don't drink any alcohol, only thing I drink is Sprite and Gatorade and some water, every once in a while some sweet tea, Southern style sweet, so sweet the spoon stands up by itself. In a couple or three years of doing this, I've lost between 30 and 50 lbs, and went from a tight 38 waist to a snug 36. All my next pants will be 36, a 38 falls off me now.

And I have no idea what kind of dish you made, or what the heck Eddie was talking about! I can't stand and don't eat any kind of pasta or noodles, not even mac and cheese or noodle soup. Glad you enjoyed whatever it was though, I won't be fighting you for it!
          ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
          -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
          -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
          " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

And I have no idea what kind of dish you made, or what the heck Eddie was talking about! I can't stand and don't eat any kind of pasta or noodles, not even mac and cheese or noodle soup. Glad you enjoyed whatever it was though, I won't be fighting you for it!
            It's neither of those, it's made with rice, particularly Arborio rice which makes it super creamy.
            Ron

Comment

Working...
            X