Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new S&W M&P 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new S&W M&P 2.0

the shop received 2 of these. neat pistols.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/brands/m...content=728x90
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

I've got the older S&W M&P in .45ACP with the 4.25" barrel. With a light attachment on the rail, it is my "Night Stand Gun" (Along with an older S&W Model 3000 shotgun, 18" barrel and laser & flashlight attached. A 12 gauge with mag extension, filled with 00 Buck and 1 oz. slugs. No longer made.)

Anyway, my old M&P is more than fine with me. I've read about the new M&P 2.0. Sounds great, & I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fine pistol.
    I have ALWAYS been a S&W man. Revolvers & pistols.
    My 'car gun' is one of the first S&W 9mm Sigmas. Perfect ergonomics. 17 round mag, and I keep 2 more mags in the car. 51 rounds of 9mm should get me out of ANY Zombie apocalypse.
    Eddie "D"
    '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
    M&M Member #339.

Comment

I wonder how the trigger feels compared to the old M&P. I know they say "much improved" but how smooth. My Shield feels great but the break is pretty stiff.
      1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
      347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
      244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Where's the damn hammer!!!????
        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ci8UUP View Post
          Where's the damn hammer!!!????
          Hey Ron, you'd better get used to 'Striker Fired' semi-auto pistols. Everyone is making them, and even the old "hold out" SIG is making them. I too like DA/SA or SA only like the iconic M-1911, but striker fired takes up most of the market place.
          Eddie "D"
          '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
          "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
          M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post

Hey Ron, you'd better get used to 'Striker Fired' semi-auto pistols. Everyone is making them, and even the old "hold out" SIG is making them. I too like DA/SA or SA only like the iconic M-1911, but striker fired takes up most of the market place.
            They do because they are able to make them smaller and basically simpler, the problem is... you don't know if the damn thing is chambered or not; for most there isn't a safety except for the trigger which isn't a safety in my book, and finally there isn't anything to de-cock them, you must drop the mag and remove the chambered round.

I have a glock model 30 that I keep near my bed but that is it, I don't carry the thing because of the reasons stated above. Ultimate battle guns but poor for safety in my opinion.
            Ron

Comment

OK... I am the proud owner of a 2.0 in 9mm and 40... Now just to shoot the things!

Overall, the trigger so far feels nicer than the 1.0... and I do have a couple of them to compare side by side. But one won't know until I actually shoot them. The grip feels just like the stippling on my Shield 45. I do wonder how that will feel against my skin all day. I have to say, I like the grips on my 40/9 Shields and have found no issues with it, so not sure why they changed it.
              It also has the empty chamber indicators, like the originals.

Best part... they already fit the holster I have and they do not have external safeties!
              Keith - member #70

Welcome to the USSA

Comment

I shot my sons .45 handed it back and took him and said I needed that wrist/ arm/ shoulder for bowling, but man it was fun to shoot

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by Ci8UUP View Post

They do because they are able to make them smaller and basically simpler, the problem is... you don't know if the damn thing is chambered or not; for most there isn't a safety except for the trigger which isn't a safety in my book, and finally there isn't anything to de-cock them, you must drop the mag and remove the chambered round.

I have a glock model 30 that I keep near my bed but that is it, I don't carry the thing because of the reasons stated above. Ultimate battle guns but poor for safety in my opinion.
                  Most of the striker fired guns have a loaded chamber indicator, which can be confirmed by sight or by feel. Its a training issue. Look it up on your G30. It has one. Get some training dummy rounds and learn to feel the indicator on the slide. Its subtle but works. A good holster that protects the trigger will help eliminate the fear of not having a manual safety.
                  Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
                  1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
                  2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragcat View Post

Most of the striker fired guns have a loaded chamber indicator, which can be confirmed by sight or by feel. Its a training issue. Look it up on your G30. It has one. Get some training dummy rounds and learn to feel the indicator on the slide. Its subtle but works. A good holster that protects the trigger will help eliminate the fear of not having a manual safety.
                    I don't agree with this, I have checked my weapon over and over again, there is no chamber indicator, maybe there is on the newer striker fired guns or glocks, don't know but mine it is basically absent of any indicator, again bad feature, don't know about the new strikers but mine does not have that feature.
                    Ron

Comment

I will attempt to attach a pic. On the right side of the slide, next to and and the back of the chamber, is the extractor. It is visible on the outside of the frame. If no round in the chamber, the extractor is flush with the slide. If a round is in the chamber it protudes slightly. You can feel the difference with your fingertip.
                      Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
                      2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

And Ron, not trying to "dis" you at all, just trying to help. It is not a well known feature of a Glock but it exists. That being said I have not shot a G30' , I have handled them , but not shot.

How old is your G30? Not sure when they started making them. Gen 3 and newer have this feature.

Comment

Only gripe I have with my S & W Sheild is ,, It takes quite a bit to chamber a round. I'm a southpaw and my right hand has a bit of arthrits,, it takes like 20 lbs. to pull the slide back with your'e finger and thumb. the gun has about 100 rounds thru it,, and I hope it softens up a little in time.. Also the 8 rd. clip feels much better in my grip than the 7 clip.
                          Jim Soderberg

70 Mach 1
                          Arest-me-red paint
                          351W 4sp ,4bbl,Hooker sup-comp, magnaflow stainless

Comment

Ok, after chambering and emptying a round and performing close inspection it appears you are correct, it does have and indicator, but I wouldn't really call this a decent indicator, I had to pay close attention as I ran my finger over it to notice the difference and it's not much maybe .010 - .020? if I were to simply look at the gun I could not tell, I would have to look close or slowly move my finger over it to tell. I think I bought that one around '99?

BTW, no "dis" taken, you taught me something I didn't know.
                            Ron

Comment

Nah no problem. I agree it is very very hard to use as a visual indicator. Once you get used to feeling for it , it will be second nature. I have to train myself to use it as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X