Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California gun & ammo laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California gun & ammo laws

just a FYI for everyone, it is getting worse in Cally. here is an e-mail a friend of mine from Cally received from a large gun/ammo company that also does internet sales:

You are being alerted to upcoming changes which will affect the terms of service on your MidwayUSA account.

On November 8, 2016, the State of California passed Proposition 63, also known as the Safety For All Act. This wide sweeping legislation resulted in several changes to California laws regarding guns and ammunition.

While the Safety for All Act changes many things, most importantly to you as a MidwayUSA Customer, it makes the sale of ammunition via the internet, to any individual who does not possess an FFL or other legally documented exception to the law, illegal as of January 1, 2018.

All California ammunition transactions, to private individuals, without legal exceptions, occurring on or after January 1, 2018 must happen face to face. Therefore, on December 24th, 2017 MidwayUSA will no longer be able to ship ammunition to you without a valid FFL license in California. The December 24th date allows enough time for delivery of ammunition, from our shipping facility, to our California Customers before the law takes effect.

While there are other documented exceptions to this law, MidwayUSA is currently unable to manage exceptions beyond a valid FFL. If you are an FFL holder, please check to make sure we have your valid FFL on file at MidwayUSA to prevent any delays in your shipment.

If we can be of assistance with your ammunition purchases between now and December 25, 2017, we would be honored serve you.

Sincerely,
    MidwayUSA
    Customer Service
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Wow, Libs win that one!
    Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
    1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
    2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

This was rumored to be on Obama's list on a national level but never got farther than the rumors as far as I know. Quick and easy gun control, without having to confiscate guns or making it illegal to own them---own as many as you want, you just won't be able to buy ammo for them. Kinda like buying a car, but not being able to buy gas to run it!
      I've heard for several years this was one way the commie Libs were planning on taking away our gun rights. The rumors were so strong at one point that ammo got scarce in some sizes, everybody was hoarding what they could get, prices went through the roof. I suspect the same thing will go on in CA before the ban takes place. I would hope somebody would take this to court and fight it. It would end up in the SCOTUS because of all the liberal courts in CA, and I think it would be overturned.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Wow........wtf

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
          This was rumored to be on Obama's list on a national level but never got farther than the rumors as far as I know. Quick and easy gun control, without having to confiscate guns or making it illegal to own them---own as many as you want, you just won't be able to buy ammo for them. Kinda like buying a car, but not being able to buy gas to run it!
          I've heard for several years this was one way the commie Libs were planning on taking away our gun rights. The rumors were so strong at one point that ammo got scarce in some sizes, everybody was hoarding what they could get, prices went through the roof. I suspect the same thing will go on in CA before the ban takes place. I would hope somebody would take this to court and fight it. It would end up in the SCOTUS because of all the liberal courts in CA, and I think it would be overturned.
          The 9th Circuit would get involved as this moves up the stack and they are known for legislating from the bench. Watch for ammo stores to pop up in Nevada right along the border now.
          Rick Stevens
          Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
          - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
          - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Working...
          X