Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey "Lonewolf" Rick ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey "Lonewolf" Rick ....

Just to prove that I'm not married to the 9mm, and always loved the .45, ever since my Marine Corps days, on the 'crew served' M-60, where we were issued 1911-A1's, I wanted to show you that I'm open minded.
    Here is my latest purchase for one GREAT every day carry pistol:

A Smith & Wesson "Performance Center" 45 APC Shield. It has a ported barrel & slide, Hi-Vis fiber optic sights and a great trigger.
    Take a look buddy .................... see ................... I love the .45 just like you and several million other shooters !!

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...r-optic-sights
    Eddie "D"
    '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
    M&M Member #339.

I don't know how much the CMP will charge when thry sell the 1911's, but I think I will get one if not too high of a price.
    Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
    1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
    2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

Mike is CMP getting ready to sell 1911's ?? Will they be WWII or pre WWII. I love the old 1911's, before they became A-1's. They were nice and loose, broken in, and worked every time with hard ball ammo. Can you believe I had two of them and sold them years ago, to help finance the 'resto' on the '70 Pony.
      But I still have a COLT Government Model 1911, manufactured in 1966, Pre 'Series 70' ... I bought it from my old partner in the PD, 45 years ago for $75.
      BTW, a GREAT Partner as we worked a "Wagon"... I never had to worry about my back, when searching a car full of 'critters'. A tough kid who also grew up in West Philly like me, and we went thru the Academy together.
      Eddie "D"
      '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
      "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
      M&M Member #339.

Comment

LOL. That's awesome! Welcome to the calibers starting with "4" club!

All joking aside, those are getting rave reviews all over the place. Let us know what you think after a couple of hundred rounds go down range. I haven't been on the pistol course for ages, I need to get out punch holes in paper.
        Rick Stevens
        Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
        - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
        - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Working...
        X