Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dick`s sporting goods to destroy firearms...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick`s sporting goods to destroy firearms...........

I dont know about this although the majority of their business isnt hunting or firearm related.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/17...oting.htm.html
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Seems downright foolish to me.

From the article, they say "But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us".

Apparently they have the mentality to blame the gun for the actions the guy holding it.

I've shopped there before, but with management that thinks like that - not sure I ever will again.
    Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

Whatever, their name says it all. Nobody who is a serious guy buyer purchases their firearms from them anyways, I go to shops who are informed and can provide me with needed information for purchase.
      Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ci8UUP View Post
        Whatever, their name says it all.
        LOL!! ^^^

I've never bought any guns from 'em either, actually only been to their store a time or two.

There's one in Twin Falls, about twenty minutes away from me. I've never been in that one. The one I have been to is in Boise, about an hour and a half away.

Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

I buy my clay's from them. They are the only local store that carries the biodegradable version. Time to find another vendor... they got my last dime.
          1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Gear Banger
          347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street/Strip 10.44 @ 125.97 Old Combo
          363 Dart Block Pump Gas Street/Strip - Under Construction

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle 12 valve Monster
          244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 103

Comment

Originally posted by Ci8UUP View Post
            Whatever, their name says it all.
            Lol, exactly.

I’m glad I’m not a stockholder of this train wreck. Destroying inventory while at the same time alienating 50% of your customer base doesn’t show wise management. Apparently these scholars haven’t noticed that Target is still attempting to recover from their virtue signaling.
            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
            My Mach's restoration progress
            My Sprint's restoration progress
            ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

Not very "SPORTING" of them, now is it! Though Steve, I would bet that firearm enthusiasts/users do not make up anywhere near "50% of their customer base." Real enthusiasts likely shop at places that "specialize" in such items. I've never found ANYTHING there that wasn't dramatically overpriced, that I couldn't buy elsewhere at more reasonable prices!
              Just Sayin'
              Gene
              To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
              '68 coupe/5.0/T5
              '69 F250
              '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
              '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

There's one here. I have never had decent luck looking for anything there. Like Gene says, overpriced and seemed to get worse when Sports Authority went away.
                Rick Stevens
                Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

the public ignorance of the management of dicks sporting goods tells me they may not be long for this world if they continue down the path they are on.
                  64 falcon
                  66 mustang
                  76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
                  and life is but an illusion

Comment

Liberals love Dicks!
                    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by rbohm View Post
                      the public ignorance of the management of dicks sporting goods tells me they may not be long for this world if they continue down the path they are on.
                      To think modern thinking from modern CEOs is that it’s good practice to destroy inventory and alienate a large percentage of your customer base is a remarkable example of stupidity. My experience would tell me investment wise this company is a great ‘shorting candidate’ because you can be pretty sure that the next major movement of their stock price is downwards.

Gene, I hear you about how serious sportsmen buy their equipment at more specialized vendors but everyone sees the attitude of this organization and there are almost infinite other places to buy a football for your nephew or camping equipment, and whatever else they sell. The goal of any business is to expand your customer base, not purposefully drive them away. Bankers and investors take that as seriously as if a company like Panera came out with a statement like “So what if some customers got ecoli here, we want to tell them to suck it up and stop bitching about it.” I put it at that same level. Remember, there are about 7000 or so other stocks to invest in, and if you want investors for cash flow or expansion it’s not too brilliant to paint yourself fluorescent green and scream obscenities in the public square. The kids may think that’s cool, but mom and dad with the purse strings choose where to spend the money.
                      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                      My Mach's restoration progress
                      My Sprint's restoration progress
                      ”Mercy for the guilty is cruelty to the innocent.” ~ Adam Smith

Comment

some positive news...............

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...porting-goods/

Comment

https://pjmedia.com/trending/this-s-...ght-on-target/

Comment

Working...
                          X