Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex's Obituary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex's Obituary

Alex Denysenko, age 63, of Michigan City, IN passed away on Saturday, February 20, 2016, at his home in Michigan City, IN. He was born on August 30, 1952 to Anatol and Vera Denysenko in Chicago, Illinois. On February 6, 2012 he married Elizabeth (Kieffer) Denysenko in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    Alex is survived by his wife: Elizabeth (Kieffer) Denysenko; son: Anatol Denysenko, and two nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents: Anatol and Vera Denysenko; brother: Eugene Denysenko.
    He was member of the National Hot Rod Association where he broke national records with his Super Stock Mustang. He was a multiple time Division Champion. Alex was also the founder of the groundbreaking U.S. Class Nationals drag race, a very special event for NHRA and IHRA Stock and Super Stock racers.
    Visitation for family and friends will take place on Sunday, February 28, 2016, from 2:00 to 5:00 PM at Geisen-Carlisle Funeral Home located at 613 Washington St. Michigan City, IN.
    Graveside Services will be held on Monday, February 29, 2016, at 11:00 AM at St. Nicholas Cemetery located at 8851 West Higgins Road, Des Plaines, Illinois with Father Bohdan Nalysnyk officiating.
    Memorial contributions may be given to Michiana Humane Society or Drag Racing Association of Women.
    To sign guestbook or leave condolences, please visit www.Carlislefh.com (219) 874-4214.

http://www.geisenfuneralhome.com/?pa...bit_id=1752424
    Ed

my condolences to the family, Alex will be missed.

thanks for passing that along.
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

^^ X2..... yes, thanks for sharing Alex's obituary here, Ed.

Alex will be missed by all here at M&M and trackside.... RIP, my Friend.

Ryan
      Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, Ed.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
        My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
        Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Hard to believe it's been a year now.
          I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...

Comment

Sucks...............Alex was a great guy and always willing to help out anyone with a question or problem. Lost a legend for sure.....
            1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
            347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
            244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

It is really hard to believe it's been a year. Does anyone know how Beth and Tony are doing? I haven't seen either check in here for quite awhile.
              Rick Stevens
              Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
              - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
              - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Hi! I am here...not on here much, facebook has put some of all my circles together so it's easy to check in there....lazy, I know. I can't believe it's been over a year. I just finally got the gumption to put the McLaren in my name so I could register it again. The trans is getting fixed right now then she will be on the road for the summer! I have found/re-found a very important person in my life who is also a big Ford guy, he has been helping me with the sorting of the shop items and getting things in order. Alex and Rob would get along famously, I wish they could have met. Moneymaker and my race car are in the garage. No racing for them this season, maybe next. That's about it! Thank you all for your friendship to me and your love and adoration for Alex. It meant the world to him, to us, and still to me. The Ford Family's true blue blood runs through all our veins...
                Beth <3
                Beth

"Democracy is not a spectator sport" - Lotte E. Scharfman, former president of the League of Women Voters of Mass. & refugee of Hitler's Germany

My Homepage . MoneymakerRacing.net

Comment

Hi Beth !!
                  Its so great to hear from you. It hasn't been the same around here without Alex or you. I hope you will stop by more often and keep us posted on what youre up to.
                  Mark C ~
                  M&M member #332
                  1965 coupe - owned since '79
                  1970 Mach 1 T-5 (export Mustang) - owned since '86
                  http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/70MachT5.html
                  "My '65 coupe is going back together"
                  /___ ___ ___ \
                  (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
                  \_ o _ ___ _ o _/
                  |___| ...... |___|

Comment

Hi Beth! Great to hear from you. Glad to hear you're doing well, don't be a stranger.

Comment

Good to hear from you Beth. I think you went the FB route not long after I joined here, so we didn't talk much. Do you still have the dogs? I remember you had some beautiful German shepherds.
                      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
                      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Hi Beth! Glad to hear from ya and glad to hear you've got a good shoulder to lean on in coping with the passing of Alex. I hope you can check back with us often!

-- Ryan
                        Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

I miss Alex. Last Sunday I drove from Chicago to South Haven, MI right past Michigan City and thought of Alex, Beth, and Tony the rest of the day.
                          66 GT coupe
                          95 GT convertible
                          1936 Ford 1/2 ton Pickup

Comment

Whoa, Scott! Nice to see you're still kicking.

That was a nice thing to post.

Alex was a dynamo in the best sense of the word. I can't work on my Mustang without thinking of Alex, and that is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang Mike View Post
                              Whoa, Scott! Nice to see you're still kicking.

That was a nice thing to post.

Alex was a dynamo in the best sense of the word. I can't work on my Mustang without thinking of Alex, and that is a good thing.
                              Hi Mike,
                              Yeah I'm still around. Was a long long dark Chicago winter. We are in the process of buying a second home near Indianapolis and my garage space is inundated with a bunch of house crap we need to Garage Sale, Craigslist, trash, or donate. Not much motivation to work on the 66 Mustang or the 36 pickup. REALLY looking forward to designing my new workspace in the insulated/heated attached garage at the new house. We close next Thursday May 25.
                              66 GT coupe
                              95 GT convertible
                              1936 Ford 1/2 ton Pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X