Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Takata air bags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan,
    I would have told them about how curious I was about why they would keep this "Agreement" a secret from their customers? It would seem that they'd be more than happy to reduce their liability by letting you keep the car at your home. I'm gonna guess that they assume many customers would just ignore the provisions of the "Agreement" and just drive the car as normal! In that case, if the customer had an issue, there would likely be lengthy/expensive/messy court battles! Either way though, it looks like you're doing the right things!
    Best Of Luck & Happy Motoring!
    Gene
    To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
    '68 coupe/5.0/T5
    '69 F250
    '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
    '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

I was at the dealer at the beginning of June and had them order the airbags for my '08. They said 3-5 days. I'm at the end of the 3rd week without hearing back from them. I suppose I should call them and see what's up.
      68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
      '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
      Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Steve68Cougar View Post
        I was at the dealer at the beginning of June and had them order the airbags for my '08. They said 3-5 days. I'm at the end of the 3rd week without hearing back from them. I suppose I should call them and see what's up.
        I would call the dealer & if you do not get any satisfaction call the number for Ford on the recall notice as I think that is what helped me get it done.

Keith
        34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED https://mustangsandmore.vbulletin.ne...ilies/cool.png

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Steve68Cougar View Post
          I had an ‘08 Ranger that come in a couple weeks ago that needed both inflators,and because of all the issues I’ve been reading about here decided to actually track it. Been hassling parts every 3 days or so and it’s going on it’s third week. Not sure if it’s because it’s a later model year truck or what, but I guess it’s the norm now.
          I mentioned before that we were getting them in in just a few days. I think those were earlier model trucks, but to be honest with you, we have so many different Takata campaigns active right now, it’s tough to remember.
          Whem I did my personal truck, which is an ‘04, the inflators were in the same week, but I dragged my ass and I got them installed like two weeks later.

Of course, with my memory now a days, maybe it took two weeks to get them in and I dragged my ass for a week....lol!!
          M&M Member #91
          Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
          US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

We brought our Fusion home yesterday. I signed the Agreement not to drive it. They pointed out that the mileage was noted on the document, to which I replied, "...so what will you do with that?... and the counter guy just kinda shrugged his shoulder.......

So -- we still have the Mini-Me loaner, but I'm releived to have the Fusion back in the garage...

Ryan
            Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke
              We'll likely start it weekly, let it warm up, drive it "a mile or three - around the block" just to keep the seals and such lubed, then put it back in the cave.

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
              they pointed out that the mileage was noted on the document, to which I replied, "...so what will you do with that?... and the counter guy just kinda shrugged his shoulder.......
              The “counter guy” probably shrugged his shoulder because the form, that I assume you read before you signed, is pretty cut and dry.
              With the exception of driving your car home, then back to the dealership after you’ve been notified the parts are in, you agreed you won’t drive the car.

At the end of the day, it’s the mileage that matters. If you decide to
              “drive the car a “mile or three” around the block to keep the seals and such lubed”. ....and something bad happens, that’s obviously when there will be a problem, but it won’t be Fords....because you signed the form.

Those faulty airbags blow at the same force.....driving 35 MPH or 65 MPH.

Ford Motor, your dealership, the service advisors, and technicians (me) really are taking this airbag stuff seriously, because, hundreds of people have been injured, and 15+ or so have been killed.

M&M Member #91
              Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
              US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
                [/I]

The “counter guy” probably shrugged his shoulder because the form, that I assume you read before you signed, is pretty cut and dry.

Yes, I did read it and yes, I'd agree, it was pretty cut and dry.

If you decide to “drive the car a “mile or three” around the block to keep the seals and such lubed”. ....

Craig, do you NOT agree that the car's "seals and such" would benefit from being driven rather than not moved?

Those faulty airbags blow at the same force.....driving 35 MPH or 65 MPH. Ford Motor, your dealership, the service advisors, and technicians (me) really are taking this airbag stuff seriously, because, hundreds of people have been injured, and 15+ or so have been killed.

Have any of those persons injured or killed not been involved in an accident?
                Has there been any reports of the faulty airbags go off without impact?

I really do appreciate your opinion and expertise with these matters..... Thanks again, -- Ryan

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                X