Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Fever ... Boy do I have it !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Fever ... Boy do I have it !!!

February 23rd, and 71 degrees here in Philly and the 'Burbs'. Today, mid to low 70's in FEBRUARY !!! Plus, today the Phillies play the Yankees in Tampa, for their first Spring Training baseball game, and it is TELEVISED on MLB Network at 1PM !! .. (where is the Banana Icon ??) ........ BTW, I love baseball. It's the best game. Yes, the players are overpaid like the other pro sports. But the game itself is a 'Mano v Mano' combination ballet & war.
    Anyway, I digress. Mother Nature is very confused this Winter. Some flowers are popping up and I expect to see Robins any day now.
    Too bad we still have 4 more days of February and 31 of the very unpredictable March.
    But I will definitely enjoy this, as long as it lasts...
    Eddie "D"
    '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
    "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
    M&M Member #339.

It is 72 here at the Jersey shore, almost makes me want to go to the beach.
    Mike & Robin Grentus
    69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
    08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
    00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
    99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
    14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
    M&M Member #- 890
    MCA #- 4549
    My 69 Coupe build album
    http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

It was 82* here today, and very breezy, more like a March day than a February one. It's already greening up around here, trees have buds beginning to form, grass is showing signs of life. Supposed to have rain tonight late, then colder air tomorrow night, below freezing again. Then it gets back up into the 60's next week, with lows in the 40's and 50's.I am SO ready for the warmer, dryer weather. DST starts in 3 weeks!
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Sounds like you guys have it a tad better than we do out here.

We were to the point most of the snow had melted off, but it was still chilly. Then it came down hard last week and drifted us back full. I have some 5 foot snowdrifts again.

I'm ready for spring.
        Rick

BBF powered '23 Gas Altered

"You'd be a fool to not rock on".

Comment

Not to mention the flooding, huh bro? Having water in my shop was not a fun thing, even if it didn't damage anything. My wife and I are SO ready to see the white stuff go away.

Comment

Hey Rick & Mike, glad to see you guys posting again. I miss my favorite set of M&M brothers !!
            Eddie "D"
            '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
            "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
            M&M Member #339.

Comment

Thanks, Eddie!

When I look at how fast life is moving and how little I've been accomplishing in the car world the past few years, it makes me ill. I hope 2017 will be different, and so far it's starting out better than usual in that regard!

Comment

WOW 34 yesterday & only 37 today, but the weathermen predict 60's by Tuesday. That is more like it, at least then I can pull the rear axle housing from the Mustang & start on removing the rear springs.
                Mike & Robin Grentus
                69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                M&M Member #- 890
                MCA #- 4549
                My 69 Coupe build album
                http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Supposed to get to 60 today...sweet!!!!!!
                  1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
                  347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
                  244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Somethings not right.2 years ago,Niagara Falls was frozen.This year even Lake Erie didn't freeze.I only had to use the snowblower once and am still using whats left of the gas from last summer. We've had a couple of mid 60's days.

Comment

Working...
                    X