Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Bullitt Mustang Found!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Bullitt Mustang Found!!

Kevin Marti is on his way to Baja California to verify the car.....
    http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/...in-mexico.html
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Wow, this should be interesting.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Hopefully not a hoax.
      Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
      '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
      Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

I wonder how/ when it crossed the border? Pretty dang cool
        1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
        347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
        244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

That is so cool AND strange! Last night, I was just thinking how cool it would be if my buddy who buys/sells 2 or 3 Classic Mustangs every month could stumble upon this very car! While we can certainly debate whether or not God exists, there is definitely some sort of connection throughout the cosmos! It would be fun to see pics of it's current condition.
          Just Sayin'
          Gene
          To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
          '68 coupe/5.0/T5
          '69 F250
          '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
          '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

I am the most cynical man in the world. I trust NO ONE. I will make my prediction right now:

I SAY : .......................................

HOAX !!!!!
            Eddie "D"
            '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
            "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
            M&M Member #339.

Comment

I have been reading about this car since late 70's and the original stories had talked with the stunt crews that modified the car for cameras and such. They talked about scabbing in 1/4 boiler plate to the floors and trunk. With the extra weight the changed cam and crank in the 390 and talked about the engine being toast in the stunt car buy the end of stunt filming. Now this is from the memory of a now old man.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post
                I am the most cynical man in the world. I trust NO ONE. I will make my prediction right now:

HOAX !!!!!
                The mere fact that Kevin Marti's name is even mentioned in the article makes me tend to believe it's not a hoax......if he's involved, there's something there as he's the VIN expert.
                The article talks about strange holes drilled in the trunk that would have been for filming equipment, reinforced shock towers etc.
                Of course, would still like to know where the OTHER Bullitt Mustang is stored at also!!

M&M Member #91
                US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Here's a link to an article I found this morning. It has more details on the car including some pictures of the mods done for the movie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...itt-found.html
                  Steve - M&M Member #690

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
                  Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

I've been following this one a bit and I'm pretty skeptical, but I think it's plausible that it is legit. Lots of "totaled" cars from the wrecking yard end up going south of the border. Wouldn't surprise me if someone saw it and decided they could fix it. There have been several fakes out there in the past, and with the 50th anniversary of the movie coming up I could see someone trying to make a significant amount of money by trying to pass it off. If Kevin Marti says it's the real deal, then I'd have to assume he's right. It would be interesting to hear the history of the car if it actually turns out to be the right car.
                    68 Cougar - 289, 4-speed
                    '08 Mustang Bullitt #4492
                    Previous Mustangs - '98 Cobra convertible, 87 GT

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post

HOAX !!!!!
                      Eddie,Remember a guy named Paul Reimer in Philly? He used to be the promoter of the custom car show and the sportsmen show at the Old Civic Center.Wen I was 16 I worked at parking garage parttime while in high school on 2nd st off Market and used to take care of his car when he was in his office.Thats when I first heard the tail of these 2 cars. He was trying to buy the survivor that was documented in Kansas for the display at the car show. Even back then the story had the second car sent to the crusher.He followed a lead to where the car was supposedly being kept and driven in Vermont until the guys nephew hit a guard rail on a rainy night.Turned out it was a deadend.The next rumor was that the owner got transferred to Michigan and took the car there and again his trail went dead.Before I got out of school and left the garage,He verified the car was in Kentucky and was not or never will be for sale.

I also just took some heat on Facebook for calling the Marti report a build sheet and for saying the new owners should be hunting down a survivor from the engineering dept that modified the car because I didn't think Ford had a box to check on the option list for "Stunt Driving".

Also what came to mind was James Dean's Little B*stard Porsche that got "Found" around the time of the 60th anniversary of Dean's death.The 50th anniversary of the Movie is next year.Something to ponder.........

Comment

There is a 17 page thread going on VMF about this very topic.
                        Mike & Robin Grentus
                        69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                        08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                        00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                        99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                        14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                        M&M Member #- 890
                        MCA #- 4549
                        My 69 Coupe build album
                        http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mike65 View Post
                          There is a 17 page thread going on VMF about this very topic.
                          Thanks! Apparently the guy who started this thread says he has seen the actual car. Very long and exhausting read, navigating 26 pages of skepticism and know it all's piping in.

Still dont have the actual answer from Kevin Marti. He has inspected the car which appears to have undergone some repair since being found. From what I've gathered, repair of the vehicle started BEFORE the owner realized it was the missing Bullitt car, which is why the car is in the shape it's in in the video. Apparently the car was purchased to turn into an Elenor!!!
                          Here's the link to the loonnngggg VMF thread.
                          http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/sh....php?t=1037026

Heres the video......
                          https://www.facebook.com/14494627484...98805356817530
                          Last edited by submariner mustanger; 03-06-2017, 12:26 AM.
                          M&M Member #91

Comment

Marti says it's confirmed:

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/03/...-confirms.html
                            '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                            My Mach's restoration progress
                            My Sprint's restoration progress
                            I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
                            Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                              Steve - M&M Member #690

Comment

Working...
                              X