Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG, snow storm predicted !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, snow storm predicted !

I wonder what people are like in other states/areas ? here in south east PA, there is a storm predicted to bring up to 12" of snow & the panic is on !
    we do our grocery shopping every Monday as this is part of her "weekend" . she has Sundays & Mondays off.
    usually there is very little traffic in the store on Monday afternoon but due to the forecast it was CRAZY ! milk,bread & eggs were almost gone & the store was packed.

what I do not understand is we have a storm (or 2 or 3 storms) every year & this one will only last a day. we normally have good snow removal unless it is a longer,bigger storm, so everything should be about normal by the next day.
    why the panic & food hoarding is beyond me
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Everyone is losing thier minds in the Cleveland area too, slow news makes this the "big thing" in the media too. Silly
    Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
    1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
    2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we do not get much snow here at the Jersey shore. Current prediction is for 1-3", & I hope it is true. I am soooooo ready for Spring.
      Mike & Robin Grentus
      69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
      08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
      00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
      99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
      14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
      M&M Member #- 890
      MCA #- 4549
      My 69 Coupe build album
      http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Folks down here go crazy over 1inch. But, they can't drive on a dusting, so we shut down everything pretty much for 1 inch or more.
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

I can't stand this stupid panic for a snow storm. Do these people realize we live in the 21st Century ? How long do they think they will be CAPTIVE and stuck inside their house ?

Streets are now pre-treated with brine, prior to the storm. Then they get plowed and salted, during and after. So how long before you can get to the friggin's store ?
          A day !! A day and a half !! Cripes ... TWO DAYS !! What do you need so bad to survive a whole two days, with what you had in the fridge and cupboard, the day before the storm ??
          Every time I see this panic. People fighting over the last loaf of bread or quart of milk. In cities like Philly, people shooting and killing a neighbor over a parking space, I always picture what would happen if this country suffered a REAL disaster, either natural or man made. Picture a week with the power grid completely gone. No electricity, gasoline pumps not working, no refrigeration, no heat (if Winter) no A/C (if Summer), ATM machines inoperable, food markets closed because of rotting food, and all can goods gone.
          No communications, TV or radio except the Emergency Broadcasting System, but who can hear it ? After one day, the batteries are dead and no where to buy them. Water shortages and all bottled water sold out.
          Can you imagine ?? If a one day snow storm causes a rush to the market, a week or more like I described would turn human beings into packs of wild predators, roaming the streets and ready to kill you for ANYTHING you have.
          That's why the best way to be a "Prepper" is to have good, reliable firearms. Rifles,, shotgunS & handguns .... and most important ...... plenty, and I mean PLENTY OF AMMO !!
          Eddie "D"
          '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
          "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
          M&M Member #339.

Comment

It was 74 deg in southern Colorado.............................

Comment

The only thing I panic about when I hear "big snowstorm in the forecast" is... running to the cupboard and making sure I have enough liquor.
              Ron

Comment

We made out good here at the Jersey shore, we got a little less then 1" of slushy snow then it changed over to rain & it rained very hard for a good part of the day before stopping in the late afternoon.
                Mike & Robin Grentus
                69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                M&M Member #- 890
                MCA #- 4549
                My 69 Coupe build album
                http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

the storm dumped a little over 16" of snow here. the wife & I watched some TV, cleaned the house & of course I had to shovel snow
                  we did not go out even though we could have any time after 2 PM as the roads were passable. we survived & did not have to hoard bread,eggs or milk
                  as by Wednesday you could go almost anywhere. some back roads were blown shut yet but there is a snowplow truck making rounds to clear the snow.
                  I hope everyone else made it through the "great" spring storm without problems.
                  34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

16" here, too. I had just gotten used to seeing out my living room window again, too...
                    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
                    My Mach's restoration progress
                    My Sprint's restoration progress
                    "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

24 inches in Niagara Falls,NY along with a dead battery in the Dodge(Been in the car since new in 05,They just don't make them like they used too) and the internet has been out since last thursday.Came back on line last night.It's supposed to hit the 30's tommorow and snow again on Saturday.

Comment

Had about 21 inches here in south east Wi. 2 days worth .. It was the worst along the lake.. Unfortunately I live about 3 miles from it..
                        Jim Soderberg

70 Mach 1
                        Arest-me-red paint
                        351W 4sp ,4bbl,Hooker sup-comp, magnaflow stainless

Comment

Could have been a lot worse buy me but had a lot of sleet. This was okay with me cause I was out plowing the roads.

Ended up with about 6" at my house but the prediction was 17"
                          Ed S.
                          M&M #411

68 S-code FB GT , 68 J-code Sprint"B" , 2015 F350 XLT Crew Cab

“Somewhere in Kenya a village is missing its idiot."

Comment

Working...
                          X