Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very sad news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very sad news...

Phil Stoltzfus, OLD_FORD_TECH, has passed away. He was very close to getting a lung transplant, but I just learned he didn't make it.

I don't think that there are many here that can say he never helped them, even if it was just to give you a witty chuckle. He will surely be missed.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

If you do Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PDStoltzfus...89667826901362
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Damn, what a nice guy and such a learned technician. This is just lousy, bad, sad news. Phil really went thru a lot of very complex medical treatments. Lung transplants are really long and dangerous surgery.
      I'm always suspicious about the 'waiting line' for any type of transplant. I remember Mickey Mantle got some type of transplant real quick, then died shortly after of liver cancer. And there was another celebrity, I can't remember who, who miraculously and coincidentally jumped to first in line for some type of transplant ............

I've got a very strong feeling that if you are rich or famous you jump ahead, but if you are some middle class working stiff like Phil ........... well you'll just have to wait. And in Phil's case, the wait was deadly.

I'll miss him here. He was a fellow Pennsylvanian and lived not too far from Keith and me. I can't stop hearing that Billy Joel song in my head about how, "The good die young."
      Tough, sad and lousy news.
      RIP OLD FORD TECH, You will be missed by all of us....
      Eddie "D"
      '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
      "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
      M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post
        Damn, what a nice guy and such a learned technician. This is just lousy, bad, sad news. Phil really went thru a lot of very complex medical treatments. Lung transplants are really long and dangerous surgery.
        I'm always suspicious about the 'waiting line' for any type of transplant. I remember Mickey Mantle got some type of transplant real quick, then died shortly after of liver cancer. And there was another celebrity, I can't remember who, who miraculously and coincidentally jumped to first in line for some type of transplant ............

I've got a very strong feeling that if you are rich or famous you jump ahead, but if you are some middle class working stiff like Phil ........... well you'll just have to wait. And in Phil's case, the wait was deadly.

I'll miss him here. He was a fellow Pennsylvanian and lived not too far from Keith and me. I can't stop hearing that Billy Joel song in my head about how, "The good die young."
        Tough, sad and lousy news.
        RIP OLD FORD TECH, You will be missed by all of us....
        Another one taken too soon.
        Eddie,Mantle got pushed to the front of the line for a liver.When he got it,He kept on being Mickey Mantle.I believe Steven Crosby from Crosby,Stills,Nash was the other.

Comment

Wow... sad indeed. Phil always enjoyed the pictures of fuel altereds that I used to post, and it was pretty cool seeing him getting his Mustang running. He knew a hell of a lot, too. Not gonna be the same around here.

Comment

I am really sorry to hear about this.
            I will miss him.
            Phil was a great guy & was so helpful as needed with car problems
            34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Very sad deal...RIP Phil. The guy was a walking Ford tech manual and has helped plenty of people, me included. He walked me through the gauge repair process for my '05 Stang and even provided a link for the piezo motors. My fuel gauge went out (only one I didn't bother changing out last time, lol) when the weather got cold a few months ago and have just been going off the "Miles 'till empty" screen. Going to take the cluster out tonight and solder in a new motor to salute a great guy............
              1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
              347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
              244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

He really did seem to have an answer for every question.

RIP Phil.
                Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
                '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
                Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

RIP Phil.
                  Mike & Robin Grentus
                  69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                  08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                  00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                  99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                  14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                  M&M Member #- 890
                  MCA #- 4549
                  My 69 Coupe build album
                  http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

So sorry to hear this... R I P Phil .. You will be missed...
                    Jim Soderberg

70 Mach 1
                    Arest-me-red paint
                    351W 4sp ,4bbl,Hooker sup-comp, magnaflow stainless

Comment

This hurts. Alex last year, Phil this one. Phil helped me more than once on my pickups. I could have probably googled an answer, but Phil was always there with his personal experiences. A great loss to his family and our little family here.
                      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
                      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

R I P Phil .. You will be missed...

Gene
                        To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
                        '68 coupe/5.0/T5
                        '69 F250
                        '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
                        '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

That sucks....he and I shared some of the same Ford tech questions, can tell he was a very sharp Ford tech.
                          Feel like Ive lost a co-worker.
                          RIP Ole Ford Tech!!
                          M&M Member #91
                          Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
                          US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Very sorry to hear, He will surely be missed here.
                            Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
                            71 F-250 4x2
                            88 F-150 4X2

Comment

Working...
                            X