Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100K Mustang stolen from dealer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100K Mustang stolen from dealer

http://www.kiro7.com/news/trending-n...room/503166606
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

$100k might be a bit of a stretch....lol!!
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

the Base price is around 60 large so even loaded with all options is still about $65-70k. Less with 'a few hundred miles' on the Odo.
      Mark C ~
      M&M member #332
      1965 coupe - owned since '79
      1970 Mach 1 T-5 (export Mustang) - owned since '86
      http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/70MachT5.html
      "My '65 coupe is going back together"
      ./___ ___ ___ \.
      (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
      \_ o _ ___ _ o _/
      |___| ...... |___|

Comment

Originally posted by 70MachT-5 View Post
        the Base price is around 60 large so even loaded with all options is still about $65-70k. Less with 'a few hundred miles' on the Odo.
        Don't forget the very common 'market adjustment' these things get. My friend had to pay a $5000 fee for his and he felt he got a good deal.
        '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
        My Mach's restoration progress
        My Sprint's restoration progress
        "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Comment

you need to take the story with a grain of salt, the media likes to sensationalize a story......................
          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

Don't forget the very common 'market adjustment' these things get. My friend had to pay a $5000 fee for his and he felt he got a good deal.
            Very true.

I've PDI'd GT350's and a GT350R. The GT350's sticker in the mid $60K range and the GT350R stickers for mid to high $80k range.
            The article doesn't distinguish whether or not it's a 350 or a 350R....you can't see the fender badge in the pic to tell.

It seems highly unusual to me for a dealer to keep a GT350R just hanging around the dealership because of its rarity, and if it was MY car I would have picked it up the day it arrived.

M&M Member #91
            US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

100k value sent off to the insurance company, lol

1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle Stang - Built Not Bought!
              2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle DD - 12 valve Monster

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy65 View Post
                100k value sent off to the insurance company, lol
                Probably. Depending on the amount of damage, could be a total write off, or they may authorize the dealership to repair it.

A few years ago our dealership had a brand new Grabber Blue GT500 stolen from behind our dealership. The thieves hooked a chain up to the rear axle and dragged the car about a mile down the road, dragging it in reverse until they finally gave up on it.
                We found the car the next morning badly damaged. Just about every panel on the car except the roof had damage. One of the front control arms was snapped and the front wheel was at a 90 degree angle. The underside of the car was severely damaged.

Anyway, the insurance company paid for the car but we sold it to a guy who wanted to heavily modify it. While we were repairing it our body shop installed a wide body kit on the rear end. Ugly as sin, but with the decreased value of the car, seemed to make sense to the owner.
                M&M Member #91

Comment

Working...
                X