Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women and tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and tools

This one crossed me several times before I really said something this weekend, wife wants help moving the patio furniture back, I tell her "well I'm going to power wash that section of the patio" she says "I already did", I said "with what?" she show me this http://www.kco-innovations.com/little-big-shot

I after not saying anything a few times before I sort of lost it, in a harsh voice I said "that is not a powerwasher, that uses normal water pressure, a powerwasher takes the water and a pump compresses it many times over". I felt bad but jeez I go through this stuff a lot.
    Ron

Not only the ladies Ron. Actually my wife was a farm girl and is very handy with basic hand tools. My youngest brother and brother in law though.......simply amazing, LOL I have an example from just a week ago. My youngest brother is the baby of the family, was always coddled by my parents.. Very book smart. Went to college for 8 years before getting burnt out from it, was going to be an anesthesiologist. But...he barely knows how to operate a screw driver. Anyway, I get a call last Saturday and the battery is dead in the car my parents gave him, it's a '10 or '11 Cadillac CTS. He and another millennial college buddy are trying to jump start it but it won't start, just click. I asked him if he made sure the battery connections where tight. He said yes but the battery is different looking than usual. I asked him what he meant. He said the battery has a positive post on the top of the "box" but there is no ground post and they are putting the negative cable on an engine bracket. After thinking WTF is he talking about it clicked, he's trying to jump the car off of the underhood fuse box. I told him to pop the trunk and jump it off of the battery, it should work a little better for him, lol
    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Well Ron, you do have to give your lady credit for trying. My frustration lately is with people not even willing to make an effort. For example, how about a college educated couple that waited three hours in a shady area for three hours waiting for a AAA tow truck to change a flat tire, because changing a tire is just 'beneath them.' You just have to think if a bad dude would have come around and raped and tortured the girl the 'man' would have just sat there and bawled his little eyes out.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
      My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
      Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Yes it does go the same for some men these days. I remember many moons ago there was us two car guys and our third buddy who didn't know crap about cars, he was complaining because it took him nearly all day to change his oil, we looked puzzled and asked what took so long? he said it takes forever to pour the oil down that little tube about as round as a straw, we laughed about that one for weeks on end.
        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
          Well Ron, you do have to give your lady credit for trying. My frustration lately is with people not even willing to make an effort. For example, how about a college educated couple that waited three hours in a shady area for three hours waiting for a AAA tow truck to change a flat tire, because changing a tire is just 'beneath them.' You just have to think if a bad dude would have come around and raped and tortured the girl the 'man' would have just sat there and bawled his little eyes out.
          I see this all the time! Well dressed folks on the side of the road with a flat, without a clue! Call AAA to get it changed. I don't understand it. A grown man SHOULD be able to change a tire unless he has some physical limitations. My wife would try to change it herself, and has before. Living in a rural area, we both were taught self sufficiency, you can't always just call somebody to do something for you around here. You might have to wait for days on somebody to show up.

My wife is pretty good with hand tools, she has helped me out in the shop or in some junkyard many times. She's even tried a few power tools, hand drill, jigsaw, etc, won't touch a circular saw though. She even tried using my chain saw once, was too heavy for her.
          ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
          -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
          -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
          " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Working...
          X