Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting on a hook...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy crap man, that's horrible. I have no idea what I would do if I was in that situation, but you are staying way calmer than I would.
    Rob Hetzler
    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Rob, there's no use in me getting excited now. Whats happened has happened, and I've just got to deal with it. My wife though, she's pretty worried. It's not the first time I've been in a jamb with a truck, just probably the most expensive. I could go to work for any carrier I wanted, clean DVR, 30+ years experience, 22 years at my current carrier. I have built my credit up the last few years and would hate to have a repossession on it, but if it happens, it happens. I'm not going down without a fight though.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Oh yes with your experience you have lots of options. Maybe you can find something that keeps you closer to home, construction maybe - a dump trailer? Try it for someone else, then if it suits you, get your own truck later. That's what I did, drove for someone else from 97 to 2000, then got my own. This June will be 20 years for me. Some days construction is boring, and some days it's so screwed up it can actually be fun!
        Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
        71 F-250 4x2
        88 F-150 4X2

Comment

I hate to read this. Nothing good with it eitherway if they go the fix it route or repocesse it you'll be out coin and ya gotta wonder whats around the corner with it. Might be time to drive for a company and let them worry with the vehicles?
          79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
          69 Stang Vert
          69 Stang Coupe
          92 Stang 5.0 LX
          other DD's

Comment

All options are open right now Tater. Finally getting some info from the warranty people, finance company is next....

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Hope it's good news for you.
              '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
              My Mach's restoration progress
              My Sprint's restoration progress
              "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

Looking like the finance company is going to replace the truck instead of fixing it. Fingers crossed this works out good.

Comment

Good luck, buddy!
                  "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

Thanks Steve, good luck is something I haven't had too much of the last couple of years.

It's frustrating having to wait on somebody else to make a decision on your future. They don't realize {or care} how much stress this puts a person under. I count up what's coming due, look at the dwindling bank account, and get concerned. Told myself I wasn't going to let this happen again after I held onto the last truck too long, I already had plans to get rid of this one sometime this summer or fall, it didn't cooperate with my plans though. Oh well, shiite happens....

Comment

Best of Luck to you! I hope you make out ok in whatever decision the finance place makes.
                      79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
                      69 Stang Vert
                      69 Stang Coupe
                      92 Stang 5.0 LX
                      other DD's

Comment

Finally, looks like things are coming together! Got approved by the finance company, they have a truck being detailed and checked out right now, only bad thing is I have to go to Longview, TX to pick it up, probably Monday. Going to rent a car one way, wife and I will go out Sun or Mon, turn in the car and drive the truck back the next day. Payments worked out to be lower, but two years longer than I had left before. Truck is a 2010 Freightliner, has less than a year on a full overhaul, so I should be good to go. Waiting on them to email me the paperwork so I can work out all the details. These Finance people are a great bunch to work with, just took a little time for them to work things out. Looks like my unpaid, unwanted, spring vacation will soon be coming to a close. Bad thing was I didn't get anything done around here, was waiting on phone calls and emails all the time. Also knocked me out of my usual mini vacation the first week of May to go to Tupelo MS. Going to cancel our room, will probably just drive over for Sat and come back home instead of being there Fri, Sat, and Sun. That is usually my break from work for a weekend, but not going to be able to do it this time.

Comment

Cool beans!

Comment

Great news!! Good things come to good people.

Comment

Same Cummins engine?
                              Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
                              71 F-250 4x2
                              88 F-150 4X2

Comment

No Marc, going back with a Detroit this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X