Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy

So last Friday I got a wild hair and convinced the wife we should drive to Denver (about 8 hours) so I could look at a couple of truck. I ended up getting a 1985 F250 XLT. It is a 460 auto, 4x4. It only had 104,000 miles on it! The cab corners are the only rust on it also! It made the drive back (probably going a bit fast for not knowing the truck) like a champ. It is very unmolested (very few splices under the hood, Edelbrock carb). Cruise control doesn't work, but everything else seemed to do good. It ran pretty good, except for hesitation from a stop, but after looking at how many vacuum lines are broke, I think I understand why. I'll try and get some pictures posted up soon. It is just going to be my tinker project for a while. No crazy plans for it, but you all know how that goes sometimes!
    1968 Fastback
    90 5.0 HO
    T-5
    Modern leather buckets
    Front Disc
    2001 Bullit Green

Cool, I still miss my old '86, many things about it I liked more than my '94, like the dash, more solid body mounts, to name a couple. Happy motoring!
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    It is much more effective to teach people how to swim than to try to dry all the world oceans.

Comment

I loved my 84 4wd stepside with the 351W. Like Steve, I wished I had of kept it. My 99 is a nicer truck, and I like it, but it has too much electronic garbage on it. Its 5.3 is strong but not as strong as the 351 in that 84 was.
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Sounds like it's a keeper if it made the 8 hour trip home from the purchase with no issues!!
        79 Stang, full cage,mini-tubbed,396"W,G-Force G-101 4 spd,4.56's, tagged street/strip 10.28@129.3
        69 Stang Vert
        69 Stang Coupe
        92 Stang 5.0 LX
        other DD's

Comment

Originally posted by Tater351C View Post
          Sounds like it's a keeper if it made the 8 hour trip home from the purchase with no issues!!
          X2. Cool find!
          1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
          347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
          244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 98

Comment

My goodness! Where does the time go? Kids and work sure stretch things out. I'll try and grab some pic here soon, but I just about have the body all smoothed up, and the interior is ready to roll. Now just to get the money set aside for a paint job! Hope everyone is well!

1968 Fastback
            90 5.0 HO
            T-5
            Modern leather buckets
            Front Disc
            2001 Bullit Green

Comment

1968 Fastback
              90 5.0 HO
              T-5
              Modern leather buckets
              Front Disc
              2001 Bullit Green

Comment

These were after I brought it home...Pictures did this truck much more justice than it looked in person!
                1968 Fastback
                90 5.0 HO
                T-5
                Modern leather buckets
                Front Disc
                2001 Bullit Green

Comment

Working...
                X