Brought to you in part by:
Thirteen Years!

Nineteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It had to happen sooner or later

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was afraid that TVC group would be like that, gladly take your money then not really do anything. I tried one like them myself years ago on a speeding ticket, when it was all said and done, I ended up paying them as much as the ticket cost, plus still had to still pay the ticket. I was hoping your bunch would be better so I didn't say anything.

That one word you have highlighted: Guidance, is one big part of the problem. Instead of being black and white, pass or fail, so much is left to the officer in the field, and so many of them let that power run to their heads. They have control over others, and as you have found out, can destroy your ability to make a living. IMHO, no vehicle should be put out of service unless there is an imminent danger about it, I.E. steering linkage about to break, half or more of the brakes inoperative, tires you can see the air in, you know, really dangerous stuff. Not having a tarp on a load is not an imminent danger, only a nuisance.

Next week, June 5-6-7, is the nationwide 72 hour "safety" blitz, the safety Nazi's will be out in full force setting up checkpoints. Hope you don't have to go through any of them. I'm taking my truck to the shop in the morning and getting 4 tires put on and renewing my annual DOT inspection sticker. The checkpoints will open up at midnight Mon night and stay open until midnight Thursday night, I'm planning on missing as many of them as I can. If they get me, they'll have to be set up on a two lane or chase me down somewhere, I sure ain't gonna volunteer and go through any scale houses!
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
      I was afraid that TVC group would be like that, gladly take your money then not really do anything. I tried one like them myself years ago on a speeding ticket, when it was all said and done, I ended up paying them as much as the ticket cost, plus still had to still pay the ticket. I was hoping your bunch would be better so I didn't say anything.
      Yes, it was probably a waste of money, $130 if I remember right, but I did get a very cool sticker for my truck! If I have any more trouble I'll sure be contacting them though. Maybe it'll end up being worth it in the long run.

That one word you have highlighted: Guidance, is one big part of the problem. Instead of being black and white, pass or fail, so much is left to the officer in the field, and so many of them let that power run to their heads. They have control over others, and as you have found out, can destroy your ability to make a living. IMHO, no vehicle should be put out of service unless there is an imminent danger about it, I.E. steering linkage about to break, half or more of the brakes inoperative, tires you can see the air in, you know, really dangerous stuff. Not having a tarp on a load is not an imminent danger, only a nuisance.
      That's it, the out-of-service designation is useless if it covers too broad of a variety of defects. Insurance companies seem to take it very seriously, they apparently haven't gotten the memo of how bendable and shapeable it is by a very few inept police officers, or more than likely, the insurance companies don't care. They've lobbied for mandated liability insurance for vehicles, but have few if any legal requirements to put fourth much effort to help vehicle owners secure their mandated product in unusual cases. This is one of several things I intend to bring up in my letter to the politicians.

Next week, June 5-6-7, is the nationwide 72 hour "safety" blitz, the safety Nazi's will be out in full force setting up checkpoints. Hope you don't have to go through any of them. I'm taking my truck to the shop in the morning and getting 4 tires put on and renewing my annual DOT inspection sticker. The checkpoints will open up at midnight Mon night and stay open until midnight Thursday night, I'm planning on missing as many of them as I can. If they get me, they'll have to be set up on a two lane or chase me down somewhere, I sure ain't gonna volunteer and go through any scale houses!
      My annual sticker is due in June also, but I'm pretty sure I have until the end of the month. Just put 4 tires on mine, including the 2 high dollar front floats. Gave the truck a really good physical last weekend, I'm ready, let the Nazi's have at it!

Marc

88 L-9000 tri-axle dump
      71 F-250 4x2
      88 F-150 4X2

Comment

Working...
      X