Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

custom interior ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom interior ?

anyone have a custom interior done ? I would like to know how much material is usually needed for the project ?
    I figured I would need about 14 yards of material for my coupe after taking some measurements.
    also what type of carpet would you recommend ? Thanks
    34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

I'm trying to remember how many yards I needed to have the seats done for my Sprint. I may have to try to find my receipt.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

I just found the email Contacts I had with SMS Fabrics and we ordered 2 yards of blue cloth and 4 yards of white vinyl to make my two bucket seats and rear seat. I'm not sure if this helps because I realize you just basically need the upholstery amount I used on my rear seat, but that was what we used, anyway.
      I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...

Comment

Steve that helps. I am looking to redo the complete interior. 6 yards of material to do the seats is more than I had figured.
        2 front seats & the rumble seat I thought would be 4 yards. a friend told me to get 10% extra material for mistakes/ miscalculation.

Comment

FYI..................I talked to a guy that does interiors & he told me depending on the style of seats and how fancy you want it to be,
          the seats alone will use 6 to 8 yards of material. then measure the length of the door panels, kick panels,etc to get the remainder of
          material needed. he agreed as my friend told me, get at least 10% extra for mistakes & future repairs.

Comment

That sounds reasonable. At least you aren't doing a wagon!

Comment

Keith, are you tackling this project yourself ??? If you are, "Ain't retirement great !!!"

BTW, I still may take you up on your offer to get the '70 Pony running.... This Summer has been too hectic, and since I lost the only two guys I trusted with my Mustangs, I still haven't researched a good, fair mechanic who REALLY does know Classic cars, instead of the young'un's who just SAY they do.
              Eddie "D"
              '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
              "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
              M&M Member #339.

Comment

Eddie, due to being retired & on a fixed income I am considering trying my hand at upholstery work. at the very least I will make new panels for the
                doors & other flat areas. also I am looking at some marine grade vinyl that is already roll & pleated to be installed so the price can be lower for me.

when you are ready to do the ignition switch please give me all the details so that I can do a bit of research on that year stang as I have been told
                some are different than others.

Comment

Thanks Keith. Will do.
                  Eddie "D"
                  '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                  "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                  M&M Member #339.

Comment

Working...
                  X