Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston floods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston floods

It's such a shame what's going on down there. Thirty to forty inches of rain? I can't even imagine. I hope none of our members are caught up in this.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

52" is the figure I heard today, a new record in the US. A years worth of rain in 4 days!
    ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
    -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
    -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
    " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

and more rain to come. i do hope that when things are all cleared out, those areas can get back to business as usual.
      64 falcon
      66 mustang
      76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
      and life is but an illusion

Comment

It was mentioned on the radio yesterday that our rainiest season ever was this year, it rained a total of about 25 inches, and believe me it was raining almost every single day, I can't imagine getting double that amount in just a few days.
        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
          52" is the figure I heard today, a new record in the US. A years worth of rain in 4 days!
          I saw that last night, and I'm still amazed. Weren't they calling this a 'five hundred year event?'

Like you mentioned in another post, I also think these people will bounce back, Texans are made of hardy stock and they won't wait around for other people to bail them out and fix it, they'll dig in and fix it themselves.

I want to send them money to help them but who to trust these days? Everyone seems to funnel you to the Red Cross but their CEO getting $800,000/yr, twice what our own president gets paid, sticks in my craw.
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
          My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
          Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Let's see, who could we blame for this terrible weather tragedy ?? Man made pollution, the internal combustion engine, Donald Trump, Conservatives, Donald Trump again, or like the professor from Florida stated, ..,. he was glad Texas got hit that bad, it was 'Karma' for the state because it went for Trump in the election. (can you believe that ??). I can 't believe that the college, I don't know which one, actually fired him ! Oh by the way Professor, your state Florida also went for Trump.

BTW, I know we're a bunch of good Guys here, but CAUTION ... I'll bet that at least a hundred crooked so called charities will pop up, under a bunch of different names like, "The Texas People's Relief Fund" or some sort. Watch out who you give to. I believe the football player from the NFL Texas team, J.J. Watt has set something up, where 100% will go for helping out. Then there's the Red Cross, but you are also paying nice salaries for their executives, travel etc, but still a legitimate charity.

And of course the fraudulent contractors are driving down there already. Ready to promise rebuilding your house in record time. Dealing with your insurance company and FEMA etc ... all I need is a refundable $25,000 deposit from you until the insurance pays off ... Oh, sounds great, sure, here ...
            I hate scum bags who take advantage of people when or after a tragedy strikes like this one. Victims are at their emotional, confused, distressed and depressed limits, when good judgement may be blurred by all that emotion.
            Those crooks should be hung, along with all the looters.

It will be years, before anything even resembling normalcy, will come to pass ........................ so very,very sad.
            Eddie "D"
            '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
            "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
            M&M Member #339.

Comment

Knowing what we went through with Isabelle I can't fathom what 50 inches of rain would do here, 2 inches of rain I have a pond in the backyard.

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

I lived in Houston when Hurricane Alicia visited there 34 years ago.....what a mess. For me, the most aggravating part I recall was how much insurance corruption was commonly accepted...... One of the saddest parts was the loss of some of the heritage of the area...the old, old buildings, museums, art, vintage and rare car collections........ sad.

Ryan
                Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Knowing what we went through with Isabelle I can't fathom what 50 inches of rain would do here, 2 inches of rain I have a pond in the backyard.
                  heck, the ground is so dry here in tucson that 50" of rain would flood the streets and arroyos, but probably not much else.
                  64 falcon
                  66 mustang
                  76 el camino

a man's fate is a man's fate
                  and life is but an illusion

Comment

Working...
                  X