Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Irma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Irma

This is going to be another beast of a storm, best we can hope for is it runs the length of those Islands and Cuba in its path and knocks down the winds and disrupts it's formation, but FLA and the east coast going to get rain, currently at 936 mb and 145 mph winds, The projected track is coming together, looks like a sharp turn then up the center of FLA...

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Yeah, this could make for a very ugly one-two combination.
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

We JUST got back from a nice long week in Key West Fl.
      Between worrying about Harvey a couple of weeks before our trip, and now Irma having south Florida in its sights, I think I'm going to buy a powerball ticket. I'm feeling kinda lucky, but feel bad for my new friends in the Keys....or anyone....should they take a direct hit.
      M&M Member #91
      Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
      US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Hard to believe I was JUST down there, flew back 4 days ago.
        http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/flor...-irma-49647340
        M&M Member #91
        US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner mustanger View Post
          We JUST got back from a nice long week in Key West Fl.
          Between worrying about Harvey a couple of weeks before our trip, and now Irma having south Florida in its sights, I think I'm going to buy a powerball ticket. I'm feeling kinda lucky, but feel bad for my new friends in the Keys....or anyone....should they take a direct hit.
          Craig, you sure as hell lucked out buddy. Florida is going to take a bad hit. Pinellas County, where our place is, is under mandatory evacuation. Thanks goodness we're not there, although Tina was supposed to fly down tomorrow (Saturday).
          Since Irma is the strongest Atlantic Hurricane on record and Hurricane Jose is right behind it. As well as a Gulf of Mexico 'Cane getting ready to hit Mexico where there was just an "8" Earthquake .......How long before the "Man Made Climate Change" crowd will shout, "Al Gore was right. It's the end of the world, and it's humanity's fault !" ??

The news that gasoline is difficult if not impossible to get. And stores have been emptied out of water, food and other essentials, shows how if there ever is a massive, national disaster, we are not really very prepared.
          Probably not a bad idea to store about 20 gallons of gasoline, 10 gallons of water, some canned food, and a generator for times like these. And maybe more important, a shotgun, a rifle, a hand gun and plenty of ammo for all three, for each person you live with ...
          Eddie "D"
          '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
          "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
          M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post

Craig, you sure as hell lucked out buddy. Florida is going to take a bad hit. Pinellas County, where our place is, is under mandatory evacuation. Thanks goodness we're not there, although Tina was supposed to fly down tomorrow (Saturday).
            Since Irma is the strongest Atlantic Hurricane on record and Hurricane Jose is right behind it. As well as a Gulf of Mexico 'Cane getting ready to hit Mexico where there was just an "8" Earthquake .......How long before the "Man Made Climate Change" crowd will shout, "Al Gore was right. It's the end of the world, and it's humanity's fault !" ??

The news that gasoline is difficult if not impossible to get. And stores have been emptied out of water, food and other essentials, shows how if there ever is a massive, national disaster, we are not really very prepared.
            Probably not a bad idea to store about 20 gallons of gasoline, 10 gallons of water, some canned food, and a generator for times like these. And maybe more important, a shotgun, a rifle, a hand gun and plenty of ammo for all three, for each person you live with ...
            Yes, between Harvey and Irma, we "shot the pier" so to speak between those two storms.

I'm going to have a rather "personal" interest in what happens down in the Keys, although unlike you, I don't own property there. I hope you're place fares ok Eddie!

It's looking like the eye is going to pass right over the upper Keys into Miami, but the storm is SOOOO huge, it's going to decimate the entire Keys region, and wreak havoc on southern Florida.....then the flooding.....for the rest of Florida is going to be unbelievable.

I posted a meme on FaceBook the other day that said: Texas..."we just had the worst hurricane in recorded history".
            Florida...."Hold my beer!"
            M&M Member #91

Comment

We booked our trip for West palm first part of November, hope its cleaned up by then. Only upside to this is I'll be checking the hotel websites for deals early next week.
              Ron

Comment

Latest track looks like we may get the fringes of the left side, the so called dry side. Calling for Monday afternoon and night to be breezy with winds gusting up to 30 mph, 1" or less of rain for us.

All FL loads from my normal shipper have been put on hold until at least Mon, maybe Tue, depending on damages. I don't go to FL very often, when I do, it's usually only to the panhandle. Made some good money going down to Tampa after Andrew a few years back, now, with these stupid electronic logs I won't be able to run straight down and back up and get another one. Don't think I'll pull any down there this time, just won't be worth it $$$$ wise to me.
                ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

This is looking bad. Have in-laws in Venice and friends with a winter home on Key Largo. Back up to Cat 5 just now on tv.
                  Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
                  1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
                  2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

As of this morning it's back down to a Cat 4, but the path has now forecasted to go more up the west side of Florida. That's good news for my buddies in Miami, bad news for my sister in Tampa.
                    Rob Hetzler
                    M&M member since Oct 2000, #773
                    Roxboro Dragway 2011 Top ET champion

My Photo Page

Comment

Originally posted by kid vishus View Post
                      As of this morning it's back down to a Cat 4, but the path has now forecasted to go more up the west side of Florida. That's good news for my buddies in Miami, bad news for my sister in Tampa.
                      Yeah Rob, our mobile home community is right on the Boca Ciega Bay (Pinellas County, Tampa/ St Petersburg, Madeira Beach area). Three sides of the community are on that water. Now this thing is shifting west, which is very bad news for us. No matter if it skirts right up the Gulf or maybe worse yet, charge right up massive Tampa Bay, we are screwed.
                      Mother Nature is pissed off, and when she is, there is NO man made weapon, that is stronger, more violent, or more destructive than her !!
                      Eddie "D"
                      '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                      "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                      M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post

Mother Nature is pissed off, and when she is, there is NO man made weapon, that is stronger, more violent, or more destructive than her !!
                        I disagree Eddie, I think this is Nature's way of cleansing itself. Look at the millions upon millions of gallons of water being moved around through the air, cleansing it. We tend to think of the part of these storms that we can see, I believe that while a storm like this is over water, the water below gets churned and cleansed, too. The destruction is horrendous no doubt, but look at the cleansing that also goes on on land----countless insects and animals are moved to different areas, the soil is washed and some things on top of the soil are removed. I don't think it's Nature being pissed off, I think it's Nature giving itself a bath.
                        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
                        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
                        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
                        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

The newest weather report that puts the hurricane off the west coast of Fla, my oldest brother & my Dad live in Lake county & were worried that Irma would go right over them, now will get the east side of the storm. I do not know if that is good or bad news, we will have to wait & see.
                          Mike & Robin Grentus
                          69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
                          08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
                          00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
                          99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
                          14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
                          M&M Member #- 890
                          MCA #- 4549
                          My 69 Coupe build album
                          http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Well Terri and I finished the last of our preps for Irma. All the windows are now boarded up and all of our lose stuff has been pulled into the shed or garage. Food, fuel, booze, and ammo are all stocked up. So now it's a matter of wait and see. We dodge a bullet with Mathew last year. Now Irma with Jose lurking out there in the back round. Let's not forget about Harvey and Texas. What a mess that is. The hatches are battened down and the Rum light is now turned on!!!!
                            Dave & Terri
                            M&M#166 MCA#47921
                            '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
                            '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
                            '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
                            '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
                            "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

thoughts & prayers for you, Dave & Terri. and all who are in the path of these storms...............
                              34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X