Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Irma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post

I disagree Eddie, I think this is Nature's way of cleansing itself. Look at the millions upon millions of gallons of water being moved around through the air, cleansing it. We tend to think of the part of these storms that we can see, I believe that while a storm like this is over water, the water below gets churned and cleansed, too. The destruction is horrendous no doubt, but look at the cleansing that also goes on on land----countless insects and animals are moved to different areas, the soil is washed and some things on top of the soil are removed. I don't think it's Nature being pissed off, I think it's Nature giving itself a bath.
    So this is a giant douche?
    Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ci8UUP View Post

So this is a giant douche?
      I guess you could call it that!
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2000 Expedition XLT 4.6----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Has anyone heard from Rusty lately?
        I sure hope he and his family are undercover & safe somewhere.......

- Ryan
        Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post

- Ryan
          On Facebook he posted a picture of him placing his patio furniture in his pool to protect them and I think he's planning on riding it out.

[EDIT] He just posted that his house and shop made it through fine.
          '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
          My Mach's restoration progress
          My Sprint's restoration progress
          "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by ford84stepside View Post
            I disagree Eddie, I think this is Nature's way of cleansing itself. Look at the millions upon millions of gallons of water being moved around through the air, cleansing it. We tend to think of the part of these storms that we can see, I believe that while a storm like this is over water, the water below gets churned and cleansed, too. The destruction is horrendous no doubt, but look at the cleansing that also goes on on land----countless insects and animals are moved to different areas, the soil is washed and some things on top of the soil are removed. I don't think it's Nature being pissed off, I think it's Nature giving itself a bath.
            Well Bobby, that is a theory I've never heard before. I'm sure the people in the KEYS and the rest of Florida, wish she took her bath in another country !!

Originally posted by Ryan Wilke View Post
            - Ryan
            I've been to Rusty's shop. I know it's not near the water, but it is West of Tampa, and is set between Tampa Bay & The Gulf of Mexico. As I remember, he is in a shop where there is long line of Garages, and he has another person's garage, attached to either side of him. I hope that blocked some wind damage. But the roof could have been damaged as well as flooding could have hit his place.
            Damn I really hope Rusty, his son, his shop and his customer's cars survived Irma as well as can be expected, through that terrible night.
            Rusty is such a nice gut. So very hospitable. Took the time to show me his work, and took the time to sit and talk with me.

Originally posted by Dave Gibson View Post
            Well Terri and I finished the last of our preps for Irma. All the windows are now boarded up and all of our lose stuff has been pulled into the shed or garage. Food, fuel, booze, and ammo are all stocked up. So now it's a matter of wait and see. We dodge a bullet with Mathew last year. Now Irma with Jose lurking out there in the back round. Let's not forget about Harvey and Texas. What a mess that is. The hatches are battened down and the Rum light is now turned on!!!!
            Irma took a bad turn for you Dave. Looked like the Orlando area was going to be in the "Right Quadrant" of Irma's 'Eye', and the Right Quadrant is the most violent section of a hurricane.
            PLEASE let us know that you and Terri are OK. We here are all pulling for you both, buddy !

Eddie "D"
            '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
            "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
            M&M Member #339.

Comment

I hope everyone is safe with their lives and property.

Have you heard any status with your place, Eddie?
              "Never offer advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it." ~ author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                I hope everyone is safe with their lives and property.

Have you heard any status with your place, Eddie?
                Nothing yet Steve. The residents who live there permanently all went to shelters, as they closed our community. If any have returned, I haven't heard from them. Irma made a slight move right (East), which may have helped our area (Tampa, St.Pete, Madeira Beach) on the Gulf. But our community is right on Boca Ciega Bay, and the bay borders two sides of the place ../
                Thanks for asking Steve. I'll let you know if and when I hear anything.
                Eddie "D"
                "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                M&M Member #339.

Comment

I hope you made it through without a scratch, good luck.

Comment

So far good news. I've only gotten third hand reports that (unbelievably) the entire community of about 300 residences, came through with only sporadic minor damage. I really can't believe it, as I said, they are just mobile homes, with 2 sides on the bay.
                    I'm waiting to hear from someone who actually gets there and checks our place.
                    Eddie "D"
                    M&M Member #339.

Comment

Terri and I made it through the storm just fine. Got power back late this afternoon and I had to work today.
                      No damage to report. We had one little piece of eve come out, but that is now back in place.
                      We also boarded up all the windows and the front door. So no problems.
                      The St. John's River is a whole different story. It is way up and I can understand all the flooding problems people up North of us are facing.
                      All in all, we are good and have nothing to complain about. Even the yard clean up was pretty quick and easy for us.
                      Life is good. Life is real good.
                      Dave & Terri
                      M&M#166 MCA#47921
                      '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
                      '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
                      '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
                      '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
                      "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

Terri and I made it through the storm just fine. Got power back late this afternoon and I had to work today.
                        No damage to report. We had one little piece of eve come out, but that is now back in place.
                        The St. John's River is a whole different story. It is way up and I can understand all the flooding problems people up North of us are facing.
                        All in all, we are good and have nothing to complain about. Even the yard clean up was pretty quick and easy for us.
                        That's great, Dave!

Comment

I am so glad to hear this.
                          34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Yesterday I sent Rick Schmidt at NPD an email asking if he and his family were okay and he hasn't responded, which is unusual since he usually replies promptly. Hope everything is ok with those guys. I don't think the Ocala area got hit too hard, hopefully he's just busy.

Comment

Just got an email from Rick:

Thank you Steve,

Everyone is ok, and homes and business are unhurt. Our fiberoptic network
                              down here, however, is totally screwed, so no phones, having to hotspot cell
                              phones for internet/email, etc... It's a mess, but we're muddling through.
                              Thanks for thinking of us!!!

Rick
                              NPD

Comment

Thanks gang! We are happy that our preps went so well. We did board up the whole house and made sure we had all the needed supplies brought into the house.
                                Still have plenty of fuel and our generator worked like a champ. Was surprised at how much stuff we could run off the generator. Both refrigerators, the freezer, microwave and coffee pot all at the same time with watts to spare!!! Lots of trees and fences down around the area. But I'm not seeing a lot of roofs with issues. So that is a good thing.
                                I know other areas were hit a lot worse than we were. Airports are open and fuel trucks are making deliveries. Life is returning to normal.
                                Now if only we could here from Rusty. I think we also have a member in the Clermont area. They got hit pretty hard over that way.
                                Dave & Terri
                                M&M#166 MCA#47921
                                '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
                                '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
                                '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
                                '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
                                "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

Working...
                                X