Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following Sam's lead....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following Sam's lead....

Sam motivated me to jump back in ! First bad news.. 9-1-17, my little sister lost her 4 year battle with cancer and passed away, she was only 46. Her husband is with whom we raced the Cougar together and he himself if you recall had his own bout with Leukemia. He is 5 years in remission now.
    Her struggle is part of why I have been absent, and just busy with "life". I've been staying away from politics talk on any internet social group so didn't even venture here for that. Obviously not running the Cougar so I had no input there so just stayed away.

My bro-law and I are discussing now about possibly blowing the dust off the Cougar for next year, I think it will be good for both of us. We will see.

Anyhow I will try to get back to being involved here. I have a lot of reading older posts to catch up !
    Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
    1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
    2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Welcome back. So sorry for your loss.
    Mike & Robin Grentus
    69 Mustang Coupe (project & future toy)
    08 Escape 4X4 (spare)
    00 Ranger Extd Cab 4X4 (my DD)
    99 Explorer Sport (wife's DD)
    14 Kawasaki Vulcan (wife's toy)
    M&M Member #- 890
    MCA #- 4549
    My 69 Coupe build album
    http://www.newyorkmustangs.com/forum...cs-t15096.html

Comment

Glad to see you posting again, I'm very sorry you lost your sister. Life can sure suck the wind out of your sails sometimes, that's for sure.
      '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
      My Mach's restoration progress
      My Sprint's restoration progress
      I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
      Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

Mike, I for one, your 'Brother in Blue', missed you a lot. Hope you stick around.
        The loss of your "Little" sister is such a tragedy, at such a young age .............. Cancer has touched every family I know, and in many cases, over and over.
        No disease has caused more pain, suffering, tragedy and sadness than cancer. I remember in the early 1970's President Nixon "Declared War on Cancer" !!
        Well here we stand, 45 + years later, and this terrible demonic disease seems to be spreading to more and more people, who also seem to get younger and younger.

Our country's longest war ... why can it NOT be defeated ??

I'm so very sorry for you Mike, and your's and your sister's family.
        Eddie "D"
        '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
        "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
        M&M Member #339.

Comment

Good to hear from you Dragcat. 46 is much too young, sorry for your loss. Drag that Cougar out, it will be good therapy for both of you.
          ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
          -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
          -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
          " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Welcome back Dragcat! I lost a wife to cancer at 51. Life is not always fair.
            Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
            '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
            Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
              Welcome back Dragcat! I lost a wife to cancer at 51. Life is not always fair.
              Steve, I'm very sorry to say that we have a very large group of widowed men here at M&M ...... My dear wife has been gone 19 years 2 months and 16 days. This last weekend I just dropped out and thought about her, as Sunday September 3rd would have been her 70th Birthday. Nineteen years of sadness has taken its toll on me.
              Eddie "D"
              '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
              "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
              M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Pony View Post

Steve, I'm very sorry to say that we have a very large group of widowed men here at M&M ...... .
                Thanks Eddie. I remarried 5 years later and life is good again. We are about to celebrate 20 years next month.
                Steve - M&M Member #690

'68 GT/CS California Special Candy Apple Red
                '90 Limited Edition Mustang LX 5.0 'vert (7-Up Car)

Member: Vancouver Island Mustangs Association; Owner 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry
                Steve's 1990 Limited Edition Convertible Website & Home of the 1990 Limited Edition Mustang Registry

Comment

Glad to see you back Mike. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your little sister. RIP.
                  Rick Stevens
                  Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
                  - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
                  - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

Good to hear from you Mike, yeah it's tough, hard to adjust to, but we are back...

Mustang Club of Tidewater

The 1968 Mustangs

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth"

Comment

Working...
                    X