Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well dang...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well dang...

With the replacement of the Mustang I was beginning to get it in my head I didn't have a Ford in the stable for the first time in... ever. Since I was 18 I have had a Ford... A Mustang in my drive. Technically, I guess I still do since the dealer wouldn't take it as a trade.
    But then I realized I still have my Superduty... So what was I thinking? Being without a Ford... huh!

Anyways, the motor makes a racket and the CEL finally came on (flashing for that matter) and I was told the motor needed to be replaced. I was expecting that for the past 4 years or so (I have my reasons)... The only code pulled is P0302... so I wonder just how "gone" the motor truly is... But a new vehicle was bought, and it was not a Ford. Sadly, it's not at the top of the priority list to look at.

I'll still be around, probably even less than before... But I like this place. And I still have a '67 in storage in Florida if it survives Irma...
    Keith - member #70

Welcome to the USSA

Was it a 3.8 car or 4.6?
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

Google is your friend https://www.google.com/search?q=P0302&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I'd replace the plug and maybe the coil if it's a COP. Just did the 5.4 in my F150, I had misfires on 7, 8, and sometimes, 2. Ran like crap, wouldn't hardly pull off from idle, shake, rattle and die. New coils on 7 & 8, all new plugs elsewhere, it's never ran this good!
      ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
      -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
      -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
      " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

It's a 4.6...
        Doesn't matter what I do to it... It will not pull my trailer. or the wive's horse trailer.
        The wife ran it out of oil a few years back... Thought it would go a long time before now. The code is just the icing on the cake. It's sitting in the driveway as I am still not sure what I really want to do with it. I actually thought about hauling it to Florida and storing it with my '67. No harm, no foul. And it will be there when I have the time for it.
        But there is a possibility that work will give me orders and I will end up moving (again) so I don't really want it to stay in my current driveway... And I don't want to move 2 non-running vehicles...
        I already googled it Now it's just finding time and/or ambition while working 60+ hours a week.
        The best solution is just to figure out where I want to retire and get my work to move me there. Then I can just buy a place and get all my crap in one area. And then not worry about when I get to it... just get to it one day.
        Keith - member #70

Welcome to the USSA

Comment

Working...
        X