Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice trend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice trend

In our state of Maine the population of bald eagles have rebounded nicely, so much that it's pretty common to see them when we go to the camp my wife and her brother inherited from their mother. One of the other camp owners snapped this picture recently and shared it on the email chain the people of the area use to communicate with each other. Looks like baldy here just picked out a nice lunch and is scouting out a spot to have a picnic.

image1.jpeg
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Pretty!
    M&M Member #91
    Ford Dealership Engine/Chassis Master Certified Technician
    US Navy submarine vet; Operation Iraqi Freedom vet..x 2...USAF Reserve...RETIRED, 26 total years

Current 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. All My Past Mustangs:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, totaled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, '93 Mustang LX vert.

Comment

that is so cool !
      34 FORD coupe...Cleveland POWERED

it`s nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.

Comment

Beautiful!!!!!
        ----1999 F150 XLT Lariat Super Cab 4X4 5.4----
        -----1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe 5.0-----
        -----2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4----
        " Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you" Steve L.

"Do not let anyone tell you it cannot be done. No challenge can match the heart and fight and spirit of America". President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Bald Eagles are awesome animals.
          Rick Stevens
          Billet Fluid Line Clamps: www.lsbilletworks.com

- FFR Mark III Cobra Replica (aka Rayne)
          - 68 Mustang Coupe - drag car under construction
          - 2012 F250 Powerstroke

Comment

They are also not a rare sight here in southern Colorado as we get closer to winter. I see bald and golden eagles regularly here. I was out hunting rabbits once and I saw something rustling in the tall grass and as I moved closer a Bald eagle jumped up and flew right over my head, the wing span had to be 6 feet, WOW !!!

Comment

They are around me on the Ohio North coast too. There is a pair that stays near the marina I have our boat. Always awesome to see!

great pic by the way,
              Mike Gasdick 69 Cougar XR-7 , 14:1 358W Canfield heads, CalTrac's / split mono's, "Mighty Mite" C4 w/trans-brake. 11.39..so far.
              1996 F-150 two wheel drive. 5.0 w/ E4OD.
              2002 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a spark plug spittin', manifold crackin' , fuse box burnin , 5.4 !

Comment

That is AMERICA !! A great symbol of our country...
                Eddie "D"
                '70 Sports Roof, 351 W, 13.1 @ 107: Maple Grove.
                "The deadliest weapon in the world is a U.S. Marine and his rifle." Quote by General John J. Pershing U.S. Army.
                M&M Member #339.

Comment

Originally posted by rellik74 View Post
                  They are also not a rare sight here in southern Colorado as we get closer to winter. I see bald and golden eagles regularly here. I was out hunting rabbits once and I saw something rustling in the tall grass and as I moved closer a Bald eagle jumped up and flew right over my head, the wing span had to be 6 feet, WOW !!!
                  Until I saw a bald eagle up close I had no idea just how huge they are. I sure never plan on messing with one! Those talons mean business, they sure aren't any farm chicken!
                  I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...

Comment

They have rebounded nicely here in Minnesota. We have one that uses our tallest white pine almost daily looking for a snack in the fields around us. Pretty cool. About 15 minutes from us there are a ton of chicken barns. We take the vert there in the morning on weekends if it's nice clear and calm out. Typically see at least 50 of them scattered around the fields.
                    1965 Poppy Red Three Peddle - Built Not Bought!
                    347 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Strip 10.44 @ 125.97

2005 Torch Red Topless Three Peddle - 12 valve Monster
                    244 Stock Block Pump Gas Street /Street Much Slower

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post

Until I saw a bald eagle up close I had no idea just how huge they are. I sure never plan on messing with one! Those talons mean business, they sure aren't any farm chicken!
                      6' wing span on the adults and their nest can weight up to 2,000 lbs

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

Great picture Steve and an awesome sight.
                        We are seeing more Eagles down here in Florida also.
                        Also seeing more and more wild turkeys.
                        Dave & Terri
                        M&M#166 MCA#47921
                        '65 Mustang Fastback~Ivy
                        '66 Mustang Coupe~Envy
                        '65 Mustang Coupe, 302, 3 speed~Tinker
                        '11 Edge~Kona Blue, V-6, 6 speed
                        "What do you mean pay attention! I can't afford to pay attention."

Comment

Yeah, we're going crazy with wild turkeys too, I've even had them in my backyard. My brother has a flock of around 30 living behind his house.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
                            Yeah, we're going crazy with wild turkeys too, I've even had them in my backyard. My brother has a flock of around 30 living behind his house.
                            They taste just as good as store bought if you throw them in an outdoor fryer with peanut oil

Current CI Count - 97

Comment

We've got a bunch here with all the water around. About 2 years ago I was driving down the highway and noticed something taking flight, that darn thing came straight for my windshield then took off vertical, I swear it's wingspan was as wide as my windshield, scared the crap out of me, I thought man that thing could have totaled my damn truck... well not really but it still would have done some serious damage.
                              Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X