Brought to you in part by:
Twelve Years!

Eighteen Years!

Click here to see a list of our Supporters.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a copy I can borrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a copy I can borrow

of the 1970 Mustang weld & sealant assembly manual by Jim Osborn?

http://osborn-reproduction.com/catal...28KEY%3APAR%3A
    Mark C ~
    M&M member #332
    1965 coupe - owned since '79
    1970 Mach 1 T-5 (export Mustang) - owned since '86
    http://mustangsandmore.com/memberpages/70MachT5.html
    "My '65 coupe is going back together"
    /___ ___ ___ \
    (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
    \_ o _ ___ _ o _/
    |___| ...... |___|

Once someone mails one to you and gets it back the postage costs make you wonder why you didn't just buy one in the first place. What area of the car are you working on? What I've been doing lately to both keep my manuals clean and for ease of use, I find the page and take a picture of what I'm working on and consult that on my phone as I'm working on it, such as what I just did here, and I could do that for you:

IMG_1165.JPG
    '70 Mach 1 - '72 Sprint - '94 F-150 XL -'97 E-150 - '05 Sable LS
    My Mach's restoration progress
    My Sprint's restoration progress
    I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...
    Pay attention to the people who think and highlight honesty.

Comment

That picture above is fuzzy because I had to flip it around for my iPad, for some reason my phone sometimes takes pictures upside down, which isn't a big deal on a phone. Here's the picture showing the definition before I flipped it:

IMG_0372.JPG
      I wish Americans wouldn't take advice on complex social issues from people that make their living from the talents they learned in kindergarten; singing, dancing, coloring, playing pretend, tossing balls, telling jokes...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLaRiviere View Post
        That picture above is fuzzy because I had to flip it around for my iPad, for some reason my phone sometimes takes pictures upside down, which isn't a big deal on a phone. Here's the picture showing the definition before I flipped it:

IMG_0372.JPG
        Is your nose running and are your feet smelling? If so, maybe your "CHI" is upside down!

Just Bustin'
        Gene
        To quote my big brother: "Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"
        '68 coupe/5.0/T5
        '69 F250
        '56 Chebbie 3200 P/U
        '03 Miata (wife's ride)

Comment

No, I think I was in the section devoted to Mustangs to be exported to Australia.

Comment

Thanks, Steve. My Mach is completely stripped with only primer on the unibody. I need to apply seam sealer over every panel seam and sound deadener as well. I had the entire car body media stripped once I had everything off and bagged/tagged. All the body repair was complete in 2004 and I have been rebuilding my life after my divorce since then. I am in the final stages of resto-modding my '65 coupe and trying to get ahead of the painter. Ive been shopping for a qualified painter for over a year . . .

I purchased a full set of 1970 assembly manuals (less the weld & sealant manual) a couple of years ago thinking I would be able to locate a copy easily. Fast forward to last month: I have contracted with a local painter who is able to apply a single stage paint job WITH orange peel. However, he informed me that I must install the seam sealer and sound deadener and not merely give him the documentation on how to do so. After some digging and scrambling I found a seller in Kansas who had a copy of the elusive manual and I bought it immediately. Im hoping it will be at my home when I arrive there tomorrow night. My quest to borrow a copy is based on the understanding that guys like us rarely let loose of out-of-print books and I had run out of options so I decided to ask nicely to share. You ARE the man and I appreciate the offer. I will advise when I have my copy in my hot little hands.
            Last edited by 70MachT-5; 10-20-2017, 05:52 AM.
            Mark C ~
            M&M member #332
            /___ ___ ___ \
            (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
            \_ o _ ___ _ o _/
            |___| ...... |___|

Comment

No problem, I wasn't aware that manual was in short supply.

Comment

I got my copy last weekend. :-D
                Mark C ~
                M&M member #332
                /___ ___ ___ \
                (]]]_ _ O _ __[[[)
                \_ o _ ___ _ o _/
                |___| ...... |___|